Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Poop-off

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Poop-off

Postby Pajarita » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:47 am

I don't know, I don't use vinegar as a cleaner. Maybe Wolf can answer that because he knows about wood and such.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:56 pm

I use a Mr.Muscle spray cant remember what type its a orange bottle you just spray it and the poop comes right off easily.I only use that for poop but for cleaning the cage I just use water and I use Milton for disinfecting the bowls and stuff.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Wolf » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Dana, I use vinegar and water for washing my perches and do not have a cracking problem. Usually the cracking occurs due to the wood drying out from very low levels of humidity.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby seagoatdeb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Poop off and avi clean and all the non toxic bird cleaners are made from enzyme cleaners. I have my own bulk enzyme cleaner and make it up myself, its cheaper that way. it usually comes in a big tub and will be white or pink paste you heat up and disolve in water to make sprays or bottles. I use a bleach mixture when I need to sterilize and rinse well. I usually use hydrogen peroxide bleach.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Previous

Return to Housing