Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Feeling defeated

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Feeling defeated

Postby Wolf » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:03 am

While a Dremel with the sanding drum or disks will do a great job, I would use the sanding drum, If you want to reduce the amount of dust use a pocket knife to cut v shapes that can be rounded out or lengthened with the sanding drum, Also do this outside as it does create a lot of dust. I have several Dremels and most of the attachments as well as most of the bits. I love my Dremels and if one is patient they can really do an incredible amount of work. For fixing perches of this kind they are pretty much the ideal tool.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: Feeling defeated

Postby Saber » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:29 am

Awesome! Me too. I have a little tackle box full of all my bits. I have OCD and everything has to have its place. It makes it hard to have a parrot because it drives me nuts to have a little downey feather on the floor. I have to get up and pick it up off the floor and in the trash. I suppose after 10 years I don't even notice I do it anymore but if I have company over they notice it and always comment on it. And yea, I'd definately do it outside. I have horrible asthma and I don't want any of that floating in the air. I just got a new pocket knife actually (my brother thought I needed one...who knows why lol) so I'll do that and finish it up with the dremel. Thanks for the suggestion :)
Saber
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey (Scooty)
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Housing