Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Travel cage and carrier

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Travel cage and carrier

Postby Saber » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:00 pm

I'm looking for some opinions on both travel cages and carriers. I phrase it as 2 different things because I'd like one smaller for short trips like vet or sitting outside and the other for use when I visit my family in MN which can sometimes be for 2 weeks so would need some moving around room....plus 12 hr drive.

What are thoughts on these types of carriers? I hear they freak birds out but I've never used one. Also, I cannot use soft sided ones because I travel with my dog as well (they get on well but no point in risking anything in the car).

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=19260

For the cage I'd use for 2 week stays I really like the Kings Cage here:

http://www.kingscages.com/ProductDetail ... ID=ATM2029

$330 is a bit absurd though and the smaller one I don't feel is large enough for a CAG.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm in no huge rush. I won't be going up for a couple months.
Saber
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey (Scooty)
Flight: Yes

Re: Travel cage and carrier

Postby Pajarita » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:41 pm

I have a King's aluminum travel cage like the second link, only smaller. It's a great carrier, strong, light, great bowl doors, easy to clean, etc but it's only good as a carrier or, possibly, a sleeping cage, not for a bird to live in it even if it's for only two weeks unless you only use it during travel times and the bird is loose the rest of the day.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing