Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Roaches :(

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Roaches :(

Postby John123john » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:15 am

Hi! Have a question, i hear about pest repeller that plug-in and repell all pests including roaches. So the main question, does this repeller are safety for my bird?
John123john
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Ara
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 am

John123john wrote:Hi! Have a question, i hear about pest repeller that plug-in and repell all pests including roaches. So the main question, does this repeller are safety for my bird?

I’m not sure to which product you’re referring. If you mean the ultra-sonic pest repellant, I don’t think you can use that around birds. They can hear it.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am

And I don't think they really work, either... I never bought one even though I considered it for mice because we once had a big problem with them [compounded by the fact that I do NOT use any kind of poison or glue trap] but my daughter, who also had mice when she first bought the house, did and it did not work -at least not for mice.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:47 am

I use the sticky paper that can be folded into a box. I bate it with whatever I happen to have. I think my land as well as my house came with resident roaches.

That is the easiest way for me. I even turn them over to use the other parts inside when the down side get full.

To protect bird cages, pull them away from the wall and smear Vasaline on the legs.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Previous

Return to Housing