Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Just got a new Cage

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Just got a new Cage

Postby Wolf » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:48 pm

I had to take the budgies out of the wrought iron cage that I had them it because the kitten that followed a bird into a tree that was partly over my dog pen and fell in and was nearly killed by the dogs didn't learn his lesson, so he kept trying to get to them. So I put them back in the original cage that they came to me it, although I didn't like it as it is too small, so I ordered a new cage. this is a link to the cage that I ordered http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... cfm?c=5059 10346 23101&pcatid=23101, but the budgies are not going to get it. Instead, they are going to get the cage that Pajarita gave to me when I went to New Jersey to get Keeta. It is the same size as the one that I ordered except that it has an offset rounded top while the one that I ordered has a square top. Since it is set up the way that it is it will work for Keeta and Rajah, my parrotlets a little better. This way the budgies get a nice large new cage and so do the parrotlets.
Now, I only have three more new cages to replace plus a couple of transport type cages.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: Just got a new Cage

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:41 am

Wolf, it pays to check ebay and CL for cages. Sometimes, you find good bargains in 'local pick-up only' in ebay and, even if you have to drive a couple of hours to get it, the money saved is worth it. I got my favorite cage (the large green one where Zoey and Sweetpea are in in the dining room) for only $60 on one of those 'local pick-up' sales. I love that cage! It easy to clean and move, super large and with a nice, tall stand (I hate the cages that are almost all the day down to the floor) and, although I've had it for years and it was used to begin with, it doesn't have a single chip anywhere!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing