Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

air purifier

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

air purifier

Postby alanrodriguezdds » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:50 pm

What type of air purifier do people use next to the cage…..or is that not recommended?
alanrodriguezdds
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
Flight: Yes

Re: air purifier

Postby Pajarita » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 am

I don't have it next to the cages, I have it in the middle of the room (less poop on it that way) and mine are Honeywell Quiet something or another (but don't let the name fool you, they do hum)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Wolf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:56 am

I actually have several types of air purifiers but I think that the main things to look for are that it is rated for at least twice the space of the room that it is in, that it produce the least amount of ozone that you can find( they all produce some, even the ozone free ones),and that it has a HEPA filter that traps as small of a particle size as you can find.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Bunchy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:16 pm

We just purchased the RABBIT AIR MINUS A2. Five filters/heap/charcoal activated/ medium filter/pre filter/ and a customized filter for your needs. Has an auto mode or manual, Just go to Rabbitair.com. Also emits almost 0 ozone, one of the lowest out there. Works great!! :gray:
Bunchy
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: congo african grey
Flight: No

Return to Housing