Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Everila Bird Cage Quality?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Everila Bird Cage Quality?

Postby cyoung78 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:03 am

Hi,

Does anyone know about the quality of Everila bird cages that are sold on Amazon?

Thanks,
Christina
cyoung78
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Crimson Bellied Conure
1 Parakeet
Flight: Yes

Re: Everila Bird Cage Quality?

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:37 am

I did a bit of research on the company that sells them. It's called Keypoint Resources, LLC and, for what I can tell, it imports the cages from China. They are certainly not manufactured by them in USA because they registered the company as Business Planning and Organizing (not manufacturing), they only have a warehouse with 1 - 4 employees in it, the only person listed as management is a Chinese national (who doesn't even have a Linkedin profile) and they have gotten six shipments since 2014 from Foshan Grand Chang Wei Enterprise in China.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Re: Everila Bird Cage Quality?

Postby seagoatdeb » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:09 pm

For a powder coated cage King cages are the best. Stainless steel cages are better, nothing to wear off, but more costly. My dream is to one day be able to afford an aluminum cage, they never rust, they are not coated, so nothing to wear off exposing a toxic metal, and they are safe for parrots.

The Everila, looks like it may have a powder coating that would rub off easily to expose underneath, and I could not find any info of what kind of metal is underneath.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Return to Housing