Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Help ! Bar spacing

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Help ! Bar spacing

Postby Skullkeeper » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:47 pm

I want to buy a large cage for two Love Birds . I do not have the birds yet ,trying to get things ready for them . Would a cage with 5/8 inches bar spacing be to wide for them ? Thanks :swaying:
Skullkeeper
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: Non
Flight: Yes

Re: Help ! Bar spacing

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 pm

I think it's ok. They won't spread it wider themselves, which is a bar spacing concern with bigger parrots. However, if you hang Perches or toys, take care not to bend the bars wider with them.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Re: Help ! Bar spacing

Postby Pajarita » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 am

5/8 is perfect - just make sure the cage is of good quality because the majority of the flight cages with small bar gauge are made for passerines -canaries, finches- in China and the paint tends to chip easily.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Housing