Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

World's largest sanctuary

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

World's largest sanctuary

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 am

This place has over 2,000 birds and it's actually listed in Guinness. But, as most of you know, I don't agree with having so many birds in any one place because, so far, this kind of thing never works out in the long term.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/in ... rld-record
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: World's largest sanctuary

Postby DanaandPod » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Ive seen this online. I want to visit. It appears to be a great dream, within the horrors of parrot rescue life. But, I too have wondered about their future.
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies

Re: World's largest sanctuary

Postby Pajarita » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:08 am

That's exactly my problem with these large rescues... once the owner/director/whatever dies, the whole thing goes down the drain and the ones to suffer are the poor animals! Besides, as we all know, parrots bred for the pet trade imprint to people and NEED to have a human of their own to love and there are NEVER enough steady, long-term volunteers for sooooo many birds!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Housing