Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Being IN vs being ON his cage

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Being IN vs being ON his cage

Postby Bultaco » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm

nightfly wrote:If you're handy you can do this: .........etc........

Thanks very much for your lengthy contribution, nightfly.

I DO appreciate your effort.......and/but, I'm probably even OLDER than you......AND less handy, because your suggestion, although probably great, if executed properly, seems beyond my talent and resourcefulness levels!

Perhaps I'll stick with Michael's solution of "restricting" cage use to sleeping and feeding, and having an "alternate" location for "other" activities, which would hopefully include dropping poop to some protective coating at floor level!

Thanks again, and good luck with your move, buddy! Best of the season.
You can call me Scotty
Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it!
Bultaco
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow-Headed Amazon
Flight: No

Re: Being IN vs being ON his cage

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am

I know people who use plastic mats to protect the floor under the cage or stand - the kind that offices put under the desks so the chairs can roll, like this https://www.americanfloormats.com/chair ... 4f463c9917
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Housing