Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

A new kind of pet nannies

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

A new kind of pet nannies

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 am

I wouldn't leave my birds with anybody else but, if I really, really had to, I would not choose an old couple with absolutely NO previous experience.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/r ... g-14244757
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: A new kind of pet nannies

Postby theo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:58 am

I only know a few people that I can rely on when leaving my birds alone. I usually leave a huge instruction for those who agree to care for my parrots for a few days!
theo
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby liz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:42 am

Even when I leave my birdy babies with my kids, I leave instructions on what to do and what to feed them and why.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:25 am

Me too! I left pages and pages and pages of instructions for my husband PLUS every single canister of food labeled as to which bird gets it and how much (I even left measuring spoons inside each container), a chart, the baggies of frozen gloop already prepared with the flavor of the day and labeled with the date it should be used and which veggies/fruits/leafy greens could go with it, a schedule for flight hours and which bird gets one-on-one at what time and for how long, etc. And I talked to him every single day to make sure that everything was going according to plan. And it still did not work out 100% because Linus Too plucked and barbered all his feathers! By the time I came back, he looked almost as bad as when I first got him (ay ay ay!).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Housing