Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Screens for parrot room

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Screens for parrot room

Postby Programmergeek » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:17 am

First post here, I am adopting my first Eclectus and I have a ideal outdoor room about 18x8 in a half circle with screens. The screens are normal screens to keep bugs out, it is quite buggy where I live. I was thinking of putting 1x3” metal screen on the inside of that as well so metal cage with a screen should keep the bird in, preditors and bugs out. But will not look so nice. I am now looking at aluminum screening or metal bug screen, do you think that is enough?

This room is about 4’ off the outside ground so not worried about anything walking in more keeping the bird in and maybe a halk out if it sees the bird.
Programmergeek
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Eclectus
Flight: Yes

Re: Screens for parrot room

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 am

The only material that works outside with parrots is stainless steel - everything else rusts and it gives them metal poisoning.

I hope you have done A LOT of research on the species because ekkies are VERY difficult to keep healthy - and that's why they all die way too young. Also, keeping it alone outside is going to be quite stressful to it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing