Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

new baby african grey

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: new baby african grey

Postby nelson » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi eveybody,

I have good news on Momo. We found a good vet nearby, and we had an appointment yesteray.
He said that Momo disablement is not as bad as it seems, many, many birds in the wild have this kind of problem. He also mentioned not to spoil him because of his problem. The cage, often a problem for birds that have been kept in a box. Unlike the breeder he thinks it is better to slowly make the cage
attractive to him. He meant it is like with a puppie, the have to learn with patience. So what we did
since yesterday, is give him his favourite foods in the cage, put him in for 5 minutes regularly and watch from a distance. And it works. He was in the cage today during daytime for 1 hours -twice.

I am the happiest person in the world at the moment, the birds is fine and getting better. maybe it is just panik and his young age.

rgds nelson
nelson
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey, parrotlets
Flight: Yes

Postby Azure Hanyo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Yay that is great news! :D
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Postby el-parrot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

nelson wrote:Hi eveybody,

I have good news on Momo. We found a good vet nearby, and we had an appointment yesteray.
He said that Momo disablement is not as bad as it seems, many, many birds in the wild have this kind of problem. He also mentioned not to spoil him because of his problem. The cage, often a problem for birds that have been kept in a box. Unlike the breeder he thinks it is better to slowly make the cage
attractive to him. He meant it is like with a puppie, the have to learn with patience. So what we did
since yesterday, is give him his favourite foods in the cage, put him in for 5 minutes regularly and watch from a distance. And it works. He was in the cage today during daytime for 1 hours -twice.

I am the happiest person in the world at the moment, the birds is fine and getting better. maybe it is just panik and his young age.

rgds nelson

That is very good news! Image
el-parrot
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: budgie, lovebird, senegal parrot, quaker parrot, congo african grey parrot
Flight: No

Postby nelson » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:05 am

Oh my God. A young bird learning to fly! What an experience. Momo has problems landing. It is always the curtain. They already have a new pattern. I leave them on as long he is learning. Has anybody experience on this? I cant really go without curtains. Otherwise he would fly against the window. Is there any good advice on parrot education, a homepage or a good book?. Unfortunately
we have an open livingroom and Momo can fly upstairs. Makes me worried, if one of the kids or my old mum leave the doors open. I think I am not the only one who has this problem. Look forward to hear from you all again.

Rgs Karin
nelson
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey, parrotlets

Previous

Return to Housing