Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hagen's Cages - Really Good.

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Hagen's Cages - Really Good.

Postby pyrrhuraphile » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:50 pm

My new parrot came with his own cage, which he is comfy in and on. It's a Hagen Parrot cage. Not huge, but he'll be out of it enough. I have two of the Hagen Cockatiel cages, which used to be for Charlie and Rudy, my Pyrrhura's. Anyhow, I really like these cages. I bought them years apart (one for Charlie, another two years ago for Rudy) as part of the Hagen Cockatiel Starter Kit. After throwing away the gravel, seed, wooden perches and sandpaper that come in the kit, the cage is fantastic.

The Hagen cockatiel cage is the only cage I have seen with wider spacing and heavier gauge wire, very appropriate for medium sized birds. The Hagen parrot cage is exactly the same dimensions, but with a heavier gauge wire, a larger door, and different placement of cups. The parrot cage plastic tray is interchangeable with the cockatiel cage tray. The cups are interchangeable, and I have a whole bunch of extras. They also come with floor stands which can fit inside the cage for storage, which allows the whole kit to be sold in a single box. Since the cage is one solidly welded piece, there are no bolts to tighten, no parts to come loose, no seams to collect gunk, and a significant weight could fall on it without crushing it.

The best news is that the custom fit cover I sewed for Charlie, who no longer gets covered at night, fits perfectly on Louie's cage. He likes to be covered, but Charlie prefers to sleep in the birdie tent I made for her. I have never seen cages this well designed, in this price range, and I wonder if anyone else appreciates them as much as I do. They last for years and years without cracking or rusting.

:thumbsup:
pyrrhuraphile
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheeked Conure, Blue Crowned Conure
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing