Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Keeping the floor clean

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Keeping the floor clean

Postby idlepirate » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:11 pm

eeeeeh bird mess, dont even go there. haha i feel like 80% of the day Im cleaning after lorenzo. for such a little guy he makes more mess then all the birds I had put together.
I put 3 sheets of newspaper on the floor and at night when i put loro in another room to sleep until i go to bed i change the newspaper and sweep up the mess. but the grapes that are stuck on the walls and floors are such a mission to get off. have to scrub with everything i can find and then and still cant get some of these food stains out. also after loros first pomogranate experience the other day my wall now has loads of little round stains EVERYWHERE which i just cant get out.
Hell fly onto my tv and poop all over it non stop even though he knows how angry i get and that hes not allowed.then hell fly to poop on my bed esspecially even though he was just sitting on his perch.
poop training is there but he does these things to get my attention i think.
I hung up a little poster behind the cage now (bit late as everything should be repainted haha) which should catch some of the thrown about food.

ooh and he also sits on his bunji rope all day and likes to take his food all the way up there. from that height when he poops or drops food just think about the splatter of gravity after. :shock: peas in a pod....peas bouncing all over the room.etc etc

haha ive given up just have to be his personal cleaner and follow him around all day to clean after him...

:pirate:
idlepirate
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue Throated Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:53 pm

FWIW, Poop Off works very well on fruit spatter. Scotter cleans his beak by flinging the mess off, so I have a constant wall cleaning mission as well. I find the poop off makes it quite easy to wipe up. Have you tried raspberries yet? Looks like a slasher was in town!
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Postby idlepirate » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:03 pm

hahahaha rasberries :o I can just imagine...definitely need the poster on the wall behind when I try that. my previous green cheek was mad about passionfruit. thats maybe the messiest fruit ive come across so far.

Poopoff---- i have a feeling we dont get that in the uk either:( unless i have to order it. does it really work well for things like walls and floors, even dried in stains? both poop and fruit i mean. that would be a life saver! also seem to have these poop stains in the bathroom as its like a plastic tiling surface and again i can scrub forever but you can still notice it. thanks for the tip, will definitely try look where i can get it :D :pirate:
idlepirate
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue Throated Conure

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:06 pm

If you don't have that brand, there may be another. It's an enzymatic product, and I do find it works well for even fairly set stains. Not sure about bathroom grout, though, that stuff is so porous, you might have to resort to bleaching the stains.
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Postby TheNzJessie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:25 am

entrancedbymyGCC wrote:FWIW, Poop Off works very well on fruit spatter. Scotter cleans his beak by flinging the mess off, so I have a constant wall cleaning mission as well. I find the poop off makes it quite easy to wipe up. Have you tried raspberries yet? Looks like a slasher was in town!

cherry juice on my nice white walls looks like a murder scene
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Previous