Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Premium Quality Cages?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Premium Quality Cages?

Postby TheNzJessie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:57 am

i have always bought avione cages. mostly because they are widley avalible in new zealand. they are made well but like all cages that arent rust prrof they do rust if you dont take care of them properly. but this is not a design floor, you cant expect no rust form a cage that is not stainless steel
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:52 am

BTW, I don't think a cage has to be stainless steel to be a premium quality cage. To me, premium quality means the a solid, well designed, cage that gets top marks in all aspects for the material it's made of. I'm sure you can have a premium quality wire cage and although we generally don't like those, they could still be a great home for a budgie. However, poor workmanship, parts that don't line up, dangerous/insecure doors, poor design, etc. make a cage lousy.

Don't get me wrong about the Kings Cage for Truman. I'm satisfied with it and I think it gets the job done. Mainly I'm disappointed that for that kind of money the cage is poorly built and has all the flaws I've previously mentioned. The cage is usable but it cannot be categorized a premium quality cage.

BTW entranced, do you have the plastic or stainless steel bowls? Cause when I was complaining about some of the bowl/rings not lining up I was referring to the stainless steel ones. Originally I bought 4 rings and 8 bowls. I've narrowed down that 2 out of 4 rings were poorly made so I ended up not using them. They were bent and the bowls didn't fit well. Then out of 8 bowls, several had the bulges in the wrong place so it takes a lot of work to drop them into the notches in the rings. I can use those myself but when someone's watching my birds I have to hide those cause they'd be too confusing for anyone else to get in place.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 pm

I swapped out for the SS bowls right away, the plastic ones were just too small for him to eat out of. I bought 3 ring/bowl sets plus the two bowls that came on the playtop, which were already set up with the SS bowls and rings. None of the rings seem off-machined.
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Housing