Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

King's or Kaytee Ez Care?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

King's or Kaytee Ez Care?

Postby Grey_Moon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:41 am

Its time for me to buy the fids new cages and I'm stuck between these two after reading lotus15's cage brand reviews.

I've tried buying the no-name brand cages, equivalent to the AE or HQ cages that I can get around here locally (even those bought through pet stores) and I'm tired of paying for quality that I don't get.
They're either sloppy construction and don't fit together smoothly, or are unsafe (lead :shock: ) and end up rusting within six months after just normal water exposure :cry: .
So, I don't mind shelling out the 'big bucks' so to speak for a good cage.
My choice is either the Ez care line (which is cheaper and not rustproof like the King's cage but at that price I could afford to replace them every couple of years) or the new aluminium cages from King's (which are much more expensive but if they're as rustproof and solid as said I am more than willing). My main concerns are ease to clean (my tiel has reoccuring giardia issues) and solid construction (ive cut my hand and legs on sharp shoddy cages more than once).

Right now my fids are living in their travel cages which are small, but the only safe option I've got, of the two brands which should I go with? Are the aluminium cages actually as miraculous as promised?
:gray: ---Jacko (13 year old TAG rescue and my little turkey-bird girl :) )

"Love me, Love my parrots"
Grey_Moon
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Hen Timneh Grey
Flight: Yes

Re: King's or Kaytee Ez Care?

Postby zazanomore » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 pm

I've heard a lot of great things about King Cages. If it wasn't for the shipping price to Canada, I think I would of bought them for my birds.
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies

Postby Grey_Moon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Small heads up one canuck to another :)

Parrotdise perch (out of missisauga and calgary) carries the king's line, as does healthybird (out of new brunswick). I found them locally enough for myself too in longeuil, qc. You might have some luck locally too if you ask around---try the vet.
:gray: ---Jacko (13 year old TAG rescue and my little turkey-bird girl :) )

"Love me, Love my parrots"
Grey_Moon
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Hen Timneh Grey

Postby pirategene » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Great idea, ask around, search all the vets and avian supliers. If you change the cages that often, why not invest in a stainless-steel cage and your problems will forever be over.
pirategene and tambo :macaw:
pirategene
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Blue & Gold Macaw
Flight: No

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm

We like our Kings Aluminum Cage but it is by no means perfect. Read Michael's review. While ours went together without misalignment or gaps, the comments about the bottom tray, the feeders and the feeder doors are all spot on. The light weight is nice, though, in such a large cage.
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Postby lotus15 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:07 am

Personally I really don't like Kaytee as a company at all and don't like the EZ Care Cages either... hate those plexiglass fronts. They definitely don't stand out as awful on my review but I would venture to say that a large part of that is really just because I could find so few people to give me feedback. I would definitely go with a King's aluminum cage.
lotus15
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cape Parrot, English Budgie

Return to Housing