Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Snap'y Fit bowls?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Snap'y Fit bowls?

Postby InquisitiveCow » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Does anyone use these in their cages? What size do you use?

I special ordered some of these because I was told they were great, the birds can't tip or pull them out but I'm not sure they're appropriate. I ordered the 20oz size and they do look like great quality but they're quite large in diameter and fairly shallow. I'm concerned Gracie might be able to splash around the water too much and could empty her bowl when I'm not home.

Does anyone else have these?
InquisitiveCow
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey
Senegal
Flight: No

Re: Snap'y Fit bowls?

Postby kaylayuh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 pm

I've only seen these used for bird baths, so I'm not sure how they work for normal drinking use. My birds tend to use open dishes of water as a toilet, so I try to avoid them at all costs. I use the drinking bottles for them, and they seem to work well.
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing