Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Bird Rooms

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Bird Rooms

Postby BirdMonkey » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Im looking for Ideas for my Birds room, they have a large spare room dedicated to them since my cats have taken a liking to them. so now I must re- due my room. Im putting laminate flooring down ( carpet there now) and will be painting it with bird friendly paint. just wondering if people out here have a bird room and how they went about designing it ?
Have you ever thought to change your own diet to a birds diet ?
BirdMonkey
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 17
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek conure, Dusky Conure, Peach Face Lovebirds, Senegal, Parrotlet, Indian Ringnecks, Cockatiels,
Flight: Yes

Re: Bird Rooms

Postby Mum2rory » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:51 am

Welcome. I have no idea how to decorate a bird room but wish I could have spare room as a "bird room" Your birds are soo lucky (the cats did them a favour, haha) Then I could get more birdies LOL
Budgies - Harry and Billy
Cinn GCC - Bailey
Blue Quaker - Malakai (Kai)
Cockatiel - Rhyly
Mum2rory
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies, 1 Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure, 1 Quaker , 1 Cockatiel (and 1 sadly missed Cockatiel who flew away Sept 24 2011. Miss you sweety)

Postby Natacha » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 pm

I actually posted recently on my blog about my "birdroom" evolution, from hanging gyms above my birds' cages to their own actual room.

At this point, I couldn't paint the wall, still can't as I'm in an apartment and not for long term and I don't want to have to repaint everything white when we move. But when I'll have a house I might have some colour on the walls.

http://poiworld.blogspot.com/2011/08/bi ... ution.html
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby Mum2rory » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Hey Natacha, your birdroom set up is amazing. WOW!WOW! WOW! Congrats on providing such a happy, stimulating area for your birds, you are very creative and caring. Do the birds play on only their designated area or do they venture over to the others? Do you let them all out at once? Do they get on well? Also, what flooring do you have? P.S. Can me and my 4 come play at your place? May take a while to get there from Australia tho. Put the kettle on. LOL
Budgies - Harry and Billy
Cinn GCC - Bailey
Blue Quaker - Malakai (Kai)
Cockatiel - Rhyly
Mum2rory
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies, 1 Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure, 1 Quaker , 1 Cockatiel (and 1 sadly missed Cockatiel who flew away Sept 24 2011. Miss you sweety)

Postby Natacha » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 am

Mum2rory wrote:Hey Natacha, your birdroom set up is amazing. WOW!WOW! WOW! Congrats on providing such a happy, stimulating area for your birds, you are very creative and caring. Do the birds play on only their designated area or do they venture over to the others? Do you let them all out at once? Do they get on well? Also, what flooring do you have? P.S. Can me and my 4 come play at your place? May take a while to get there from Australia tho. Put the kettle on. LOL

They don't have designated play areas for each of them - they are free to move around.
They do come out at the same time - some pictures that aren't included there are of my current living room. They do come out there with us and a I have a few table stands / full size stands/trees as well as a few hanging ones. Enough for every bird to be on one and be alone.

While the birds aren't the best of friends, there is a certain equilibrium that allows them to be out together with not much fussing. I do keep an eye on them when out of course, but things are generally ok :)
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby liz » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:30 am

I would put a screen door on the room to allow communication with the rest of the household while keeping the cat out.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Housing