Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I now have a bird room!

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

I now have a bird room!

Postby Natacha » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm

And I love it!

I moved earlier this month from a one bedroom to a two bedroom apartment in our building. The move went relatively well and the birds don't seem to have been too bothered by it. Their cages are now in the bird room (aka spare bedroom). It's not quite finished, as I do want to hang stuff from the ceiling and haven't got to that yet..I might just wait on my dad, as he has a drill powerful enough to go through the cement in the ceiling (mine doesn't and I'd rather avoid that extra expenditure for the moment if I can).

I have several stands (aka the Java tree, the two Java table stands and tree small table perches) in the living room so we can bring the birds out with us when we want to. They also seem to enjoy spending time on the chairs of our dining room set (thankfully they don't chew on them).

The biggest perk of the bird room? They can finally get uninterrupted sleep time; in the old apartment, they were in the living room and we would still watch TV once they were in bed. We would close the lights and try to keep volume to a minimum, now we don't need to be as careful. The have limited noise going to them and it's dark.

I just can't wait to have some stuff up hanging from the ceiling and have a chair in there so I can spend some time with them out in the bird room.
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: I now have a bird room!

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Where are the pictures!?
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Natacha » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:01 am

I'm deliberating posting pictures until after I have the hanging gyms set up in the room, as well as the full spectrum lighting.

It's quite unfinished from the idea in my mind :)
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby liz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:15 am

I have the largest bedroom designated for my cockatiels. Right now it is just an empty room but I will quickly add whatever I can for them to fly to. I also need to put a perch and swing at Phoenix level since he has part of a wing missing.
I am going to put a screen door on that room so I can hear them all the time.
I am looking forward to walking into their space instead of letting them out in mine. When I let them out now they are so excited about flying that they are everywhere. I am sure that once they have that freedom all the time that they will fly to me when I go in. I can't wait.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Housing