Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Review: Petco Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Habitat

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Review: Petco Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Habitat

Postby Navre » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:35 am

This cage is crazy hard to keep clean. I bought a steam cleaner and hopefully that will help some.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Timneh African Grey
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Cage Cleaner » Sat May 02, 2015 2:38 am

Navre wrote:This cage is crazy hard to keep clean. I bought a steam cleaner and hopefully that will help some.

Yes. I really ended up hating this cage so I got rid of it on craigslist. Editing that into the original post.
Cage Cleaner
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sunday Conure

Postby Cage Cleaner » Sat May 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Pajarita wrote:For a flight to be considered a 'flight' the bird needs to do more than five flaps and no conure can do that in 24 inches of space. My canaries (much smaller birds with a faster flapping action) are in cages that are 31 inches long and they can't do more than jump with a single flap between the perches so I have to rotate them into a flight cage for exercise.

Since the topic at hand is a 24x24 cage vs a 30x30 cage, an aratinga wouldn't be able to do five flaps in either. So, this point is largely irrelevant, and the need for indoor flight and flighted recall training becomes prominent. But that is a different topic.
Cage Cleaner
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sunday Conure

Previous

Return to Housing