Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Basketball Trick

Exchange information about how to teach specific tricks to parrots. Most of these techniques should apply to all bird species. Share your success stories.

Basketball Trick

Postby Jhaynes1230 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Has anyone else ordered this? I hate to appear stupid, but I ordered this a few weeks ago and just now getting around to opening the box. Included was a stand and adjustment mechanism, two balls, but no obvious way to attach the net and backboard to the stand. Instructions were supposed to be included, but they were not. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jeff
Jhaynes1230
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African Red Bellied
Flight: Yes

Re: Basketball Trick

Postby Wolf » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:04 pm

I have not but if you can post some pictures of it as well as the box I will try to help you.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:36 am

I don't teach my birds any tricks and I am not good at figuring mechanical things out but I am sure that Wolf can help you -he is very handy!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Jhaynes1230 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks Wolf. I think there is something just missing from the kit. I'm reasonably competent when it comes to assembly of various items. I can engineer something to make it work; a rather disappointing purchase from Parrot Wizard, though. I wasn't expecting a quality product for $29, but at least expected it to be complete and work.

It really isn't worth the effort to take pictures and re-size them for this forum, but I really appreciate the offer.

I thought there might be others that had purchased the kit on this forum that might be able to confirm the part I'm missing.

Jeff
Jhaynes1230
Lovebird

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:59 pm

Jhaynes1230 wrote:Thanks Wolf. I think there is something just missing from the kit. I'm reasonably competent when it comes to assembly of various items. I can engineer something to make it work; a rather disappointing purchase from Parrot Wizard, though. I wasn't expecting a quality product for $29, but at least expected it to be complete and work.

It really isn't worth the effort to take pictures and re-size them for this forum, but I really appreciate the offer.

I thought there might be others that had purchased the kit on this forum that might be able to confirm the part I'm missing.

Jeff

$29 is very expensive for a basketball net and ball I can get one of them for €3 from northern parrots.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Wolf » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:14 pm

I am reasonably certain that if you contact Michael about it on the Parrot Wizard site that he will make it right, if you give him the chance to do so. That is a lot of money to throw away if he will fix the problem.
I am looking at the item on the Parrot Wizard site and although the picture isn't the best for my purpose but it looks like there should be a hole or pocket in the plastic surrounding the back board to slide over the top of the stand.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Just contact me and I can email you the instruction sheet in case it was missing. http://ParrotWizard.com/contact.php
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Jhaynes1230 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:05 am

After exchanging a couple messages with Michael we determined that it was broken on upon receipt. He was going to have another backboard sent to me.

Thanks for your help Michael and Wolf.

Jeff
Jhaynes1230
Lovebird

Postby Wolf » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:36 pm

glad to assist you, thanks for letting us know so we could help out.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Return to Parrot Trick Training