Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Pictures of you with your birds

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Pictures of you with your birds

Postby skeetersunconure » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:41 am

editedskeeterandme.jpg
wierd random picture of me and skeeter i dont even know what i was doing but it was the morning so... =)
editedskeeterandme.jpg (27.74 KiB) Viewed 9260 times
100_0600.JPG
skeeters very first day home
100_0600.JPG (50.19 KiB) Viewed 9260 times
100_0604.JPG
me skeeter and my rat posing for a picture blooper
100_0604.JPG (48.66 KiB) Viewed 9260 times
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure
Flight: Yes

Postby Brittanyv326 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:07 am

I'll have to get better ones, these aren't quite fantastic. =)
Sadie loves to be pet.
She gets along well with my boyfriend, but I think she has chosen me. She's still leery of him petting her, but his hands are huge, so it could be that. She follows me around best she can from her playtop, play stand, or cage top just to be pet, but denies everyone else of petting privileges. I think I'm just a good petter. :P She's not biting him or trying to fly away in these, she was playing with the remote in the first and she loves to just flap for fun and we encourage it - it's about the most exercise a clipped parrot can get.
Last edited by Brittanyv326 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brittanyv326
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal.

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Ark » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 am

I'd be grining from ear to ear too if I had my own baby Cape. /:P Love the photos!
Ark
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Psittacus erithacus erithacus. Psittacus erithacus timneh.

Postby TheNzJessie » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:15 am

michael what MP is your camera? and loving truman!
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby Michael » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:40 am

MP of a camera really doesn't matter for this kind of online low-res shots. Mine is 11, my dad took this one with his junky 14.

I think I went overboard with this new cage, don't you think!? I had no idea about the size relationship between cage and bird cause I had never seen a Cape in person until yesterday!

PS, don't think for a minute that Kili is being left out. I just can't get a picture with them together till we get through quarantine. I'm still letting her out and working with her, just nothing going on worth mentioning like the new Cape. :mrgreen: I cannot introduce them for a while even if not for quarantine cause the Cape really sucks at flying right now. I thought he'd be all over the place by now but he basically just takes a lazy flight around the room but bounces off the walls and ceilings as he goes. He doesn't know how to get from A to B. He just keeps going and going till something stops him. He flies really noisily too. He has only flown twice and neither was the result of a startle. He just wanted to. Thus, I'm afraid to let them out together until he can at least fly with a purpose and land places because I don't want Kili scaring him off or chasing him and then crashing because he doesn't know how to land.
Michael
Macaw

Postby Natacha » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:01 am

I'm curious as to what you are doing for quarantine, since I believe they are sharing the same room?

Oh and Truman is absolutely adorable :)
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby Michael » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:08 am

Yeah, I have a bad feeling this quarantine thing won't work all too well. Fortunately Truman had numerous tests done and clean bill of health and Kili's been healthy for 2 years. I'm doing my best to keep them apart and running my air filters. I put Truman's cage in what used to be Kili's area and I've had Kili living in a different area out of sight of Truman for the last few months so she has come to accept the new area. After quarantine I hope to move Kili's cage back to her spot along side Truman's cage.

I only take one parrot out at a time and I wash my hands between handling parrots. Kili goes all over my shoulders so I don't put Truman on my shoulder. Kili sticks to her stands and avoids Truman's tree (remember the training I've done) and I only put Truman on his own tree. I disinfected the scale and skip weighing Kili since I can pretty much guess her weight without even weighing her, thus I'm saving the scale for frequently weighing Truman (though I'll weigh Kili every few days just in case she gets sick).

The biggest problem is that both birds are flighted and end up going all over. So while they don't contact each other directly, they can still touch the same floor and end up landing on same furniture. Quarantine was definitely simpler last time (when two birds were clipped). I'm going to continue keeping them separate to the best of my ability and track their health. However, even if the microbacterial quarantine is questionable, I still must protect Truman from Kili until he can fly better. He can fly but he can't land, that's the problem.

Yesterday Kili was mostly curious about Truman. But today, when I walked past her cage with Truman, she jumped onto the cage bars and was making aggressive gestures (territorial aggression). I definitely prefer that Truman bond to me and develop safe evasive flight before having them out together.
Michael
Macaw

Postby HyperD » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:10 am

How do you intend on training the landing? The same you did with Kili with your two training perches jumping from one to the other gradually taking them further away?
HyperD
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal

Postby Michael » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Yup! It will be a fantastic marketing piece for my special new stands too! They're in version 2 now and all I need is to source some good Cape sized perches to use on there. I will have him flight trained using similar methods as Kili and hopefully this will help others :mrgreen:
Michael
Macaw

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales