Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

NEW YEAR'S NOISES!

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

NEW YEAR'S NOISES!

Postby Viatrixa » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:22 pm

As of late our young little IRN Simo has become heavily vocal. He sits on the perch closest to us and just lets loose on the noise. He will attempt to imitate any sounds and words me and my husband make; or sound effects and speech he hears in movies and / or video games. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't extremely hilarious.

There's no set pattern to his vocalizations, he pretty much just tries to imitate any sounds he hears in this state. Sadly he seems to kind of fail but regardless, me and my husband attempt to encourage him when ever he succeeds in something. None of the sounds he makes like this are annoying or disruptive, just funny. Thus far he's doing great with laughter and coughing (very very funny to listen to). I'm a bit surprised because he's still quite young but frankly he's surprised us quite a bit with his extreme intelligence... and admittedly mischief.
Viatrixa
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Parent reared male indian ringneck
Flight: Yes

Re: NEW YEAR'S NOISES!

Postby Wolf » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:25 am

Yeah, many times the mischief and the intelligence go hand in hand it is a lot like their learning to say words, they have to learn how to use their intelligence and they have to learn how to make the sounds that become the words, which, to me, is no easy task without the vocal cords or lips. They truly are amazing.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:55 pm

They are amazing, no doubt about it! I have a parrot that says Good Morning and coughs with my asthmatic cough every morning when the sky is beginning to get light... he has been doing it for a long time but I still find it as enchanting as the first time he did it!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Viatrixa » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:40 pm

:roll: It just sounds hilarious to hear a parrot "cough". I have a vague feeling that african greys take prize when it comes to imitating human noises though! :gray:
Viatrixa
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Parent reared male indian ringneck

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Well, the one that does this is my best and most cognitive talker, a male Senegal. He is a genius of a bird!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Wolf » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Althought it is not yet as clear as I think it will become, Kiki is beginning to get very good at saying her name and thank you. She still runs thank you into one word and it is still a little difficult to distinguish from her name, if you listen closely you can hear the difference.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:12 pm

:lol: Parrots are like children, at the beginning, only the mother understands what they are saying. I still have to 'translate' for my husband when some of them talk.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby seagoatdeb » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:25 pm

My Red Belly female has always been my best talker. She talks about 80 percent of her vocalizations. I can understand a lot of her talking but when she is mushy, she says long sentences in a quiet voice and I can only understand some of them.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations