Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Playstand

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: Playstand

Postby Chantilly » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:49 pm

JessiMuse wrote::lol: Oh my gosh. How do picnic tables survive there? I saw a picture of some sulfers on one, and thought: "I bet they like to chew that to pieces".

The order status changed to "completed" today, which means it's on it's way. It's being shipped via FedEx, but for whatever reason, I can't track it on the FedEx website via the number they gave me. I hope it gets here. :?

Haha I dont know! Where I live there arent many of them (Other than pets), I think they must be more out West, there are allot of black cockatoos here though, they are very gentle and cuddly.. not destructive :thumbsup:
Awesome that it is on its way, hopefully it will arive? Do you know how long postage will take?
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks
Flight: Yes

Postby JessiMuse » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:03 am

Not sure. I chose free shipping rather than flat fee, so it might actually take a day or two more than if I were to choose the latter. It's also coming from Florida, which is on the other side of the country from me. I won't know for sure unless if FedEx can actually track the order, which they don't seem capable of right now.

I ordered it on the 23rd, so I'd say... 2-3 business days? Depending on whether or not they get caught in the blizzard that's affecting the east side of the country. Florida happens to be there, but from what I remember, it's not known for snow. So it probably didn't get hit by the storm.
JessiMuse
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Pionus, Cockatiel, dove, mannikin finch

Postby JessiMuse » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:01 am

FedEx finally got the order in their own system. It says it should be here by the 30th of this month.
JessiMuse
Conure

Postby Chantilly » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:26 am

JessiMuse wrote:FedEx finally got the order in their own system. It says it should be here by the 30th of this month.

Awesome!
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby JessiMuse » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:40 pm

So apparently when it said it will arrive on the 30th, it didn't quite mean it will arrive at my house. Should have known. It's on the other side of the country.

According to FedEx, it arrived in New Jersey, and now it's on the way to somewhere else. Where exactly it will be next, I don't know, but it will arrive there on the 2nd of Febuary.

Chances are it will be caught up in that blizzard though, and may take a little longer than it would otherwise to get here.
JessiMuse
Conure

Postby Chantilly » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:53 pm

JessiMuse wrote:So apparently when it said it will arrive on the 30th, it didn't quite mean it will arrive at my house. Should have known. It's on the other side of the country.

According to FedEx, it arrived in New Jersey, and now it's on the way to somewhere else. Where exactly it will be next, I don't know, but it will arrive there on the 2nd of Febuary.

Chances are it will be caught up in that blizzard though, and may take a little longer than it would otherwise to get here.

:roll: Postage is a pain in the butt.
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Postby shiraartain » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:09 am

Your stand reminds me of a stand we used to have for my cockatiel. Ours was made out of wood, though. He and my keet would climb up the ladder, swing, etc. I hope Lucy enjoys it!
shiraartain
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure, Quaker, Ringneck

Postby JessiMuse » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:18 am

I do too, since she's definitely the busier of the two. Though she's easily entertained, she tends to have a short attention span sometimes, so she has to move from one thing to play with to the next, the exceptions being my iPad and my laptop. :lol:

But being able to hang a bunch of toys on it should be helpful. It apparently comes with the ones in the picture too, so that'll be fun for her. :) Especially the tassel-looking things as well as the bells, since she likes those kinds of things. Actually, she just likes things that are colorful and shiny, as well as things made of paper, wood, metal, anything that hangs, anything that shreds, anything that doesn't shred... As I always say: the world is her toy. :D

I think Alex might be the one to enjoy the swings more than Lucy, since he's taken on the habit of hanging on one of his toys. :lol: When it comes to toys, cockatiels don't appear to be "hangers" from what I've seen. I guess Alex is just different.
JessiMuse
Conure

Postby JessiMuse » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:53 am

Actually (my apologies if it seems I'm promoting the website), I just got an idea.

So the website sent me an email when I ordered the thing, saying if I refer the website to anyone, they get $10 dollars off.
There is some pretty cool stuff (though the products in the health care section seem somewhat questionable), so if you're in need of some bird toys or anything, you can follow this link for a discount: http://bonkabirdtoys.refr.cc/VSXLCTM

Though I don't like advertising, this might be my only exception, because the toys on the website are really cool, and I think you guys might actually like them. I understand if you guys are not a fan of buying online. I myself prefer the tangibility I can get by actuslly going to the store. :) the playstand was an exception though, considering I haven't been able to find anything nearly as practical for that cheap a price. I think the website is worth checking out, but you can decide that yourselves. :D
JessiMuse
Conure

Postby Wolf » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:57 pm

Not all things are black or white, there are times when the intent of something is actually of more importance than the actual thing.
When I post a link to Drs Fosters and Smith, or Windy City or to wherever to show a person a particular perch that I use for my parrots in an attempt to help them gat better perches for their bird(s). I think that I am effectively doing much the same thing that you are doing with this posting. Technically it could be considered to be advertising for that web site, and that is actually not allowed. However the rules do state that the moderator has the final say as to what is considered to be advertising.
Your post is different than what I do as I just say that I use this specific perch and give the link and then suggest that they look for this perch or one similar to it in their area. So for that reason it pushes this post more towards actually advertising than I would prefer it to be and I do think that it does fit with the no advertising rule.
But then, I look at this as if you were talking directly to me about this and I find that it fall into the average parameters of you being happy with your order and are wanting to share this as you think it might be helpful for those of us that do not make our own toy and stuff for our birds. And for that, I can find no fault with the post.

The end result is that although I feel it technically falls in the no advertising rule, I do not think that this is the intent of the post. I think that the intent is to be helpful to other parrot owners and for this reason, I am allowing it. I hope that our other members are in agreement with me, but if not they are welcome to PM me and I will look at this again if need be.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY