Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Best place to buy toys

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Best place to buy toys

Postby Luckyandjenn » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Id like to buy lucky some new toys where are some good places to get them
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Blue and gold macaw and a flock of all diffrent types hens Americana, silkie, yellow Sexton ,austrelop Plymouth Bared Rock
Flight: No

Re: Best place to buy toys

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Luckyandjenn wrote:Id like to buy lucky some new toys where are some good places to get them

Online or Pet stores that sell bird toys safe for your bird I would stay away from things that could be dangerous like stringy toys and hooks
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby Wolf » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:11 am

I make most of my own bird toys. I give them things like cardboard pieces of bird safe woods and branches to chew on. Place tree nut meat in clean unused coffee filters and teach them to tear them open for the treat inside, things like this.

If you purchase toys, check with the seller to make sure that the toys you are interested in are not made in China due to hazardous materials used in the China made toys. They have killed a lot of parrots mostly due to lead poisoning. The lead is most often found in the paints and dyes used by the Chinese manufacturers.
Wolf
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Luckyandjenn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:07 am

Ok thanks ill deff look into hommade things and if i buy anything online i will make sure its made here i was thinking of purchasing a few toys off of parrot wizard but I'm not too sure what to get him LOL so many choices
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Blue and gold macaw and a flock of all diffrent types hens Americana, silkie, yellow Sexton ,austrelop Plymouth Bared Rock

Postby Pajarita » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:06 am

I wouldn't waste my money on commercial toys. Just go to Home Depot, buy a 2x4 of untreated wood, cut it in pieces, drill a hole through them and thread them with an untreated sisal rope (you can make a knot in between the pieces). All they want is to chew so wood is what they need...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:22 am

Pajarita wrote:I wouldn't waste my money on commercial toys. Just go to Home Depot, buy a 2x4 of untreated wood, cut it in pieces, drill a hole through them and thread them with an untreated sisal rope (you can make a knot in between the pieces). All they want is to chew so wood is what they need...

Some like to ring bells and make lots of noise or jump on things that swing and forage
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Luckyandjenn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 pm

ParrotsForLife wrote:
Pajarita wrote:I wouldn't waste my money on commercial toys. Just go to Home Depot, buy a 2x4 of untreated wood, cut it in pieces, drill a hole through them and thread them with an untreated sisal rope (you can make a knot in between the pieces). All they want is to chew so wood is what they need...

Some like to ring bells and make lots of noise or jump on things that swing and forage

Hes got plenty of wood to chew on and a back up supply lol hes got a bell and a swing i need more foraging toys and new perches his seem to be making marks on his feet
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Luckyandjenn wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:

Hes got plenty of wood to chew on and a back up supply lol hes got a bell and a swing i need more foraging toys and new perches his seem to be making marks on his feet

What perches are you using?
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Luckyandjenn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm

Some like to ring bells and make lots of noise or jump on things that swing and forage[/quote]
Hes got plenty of wood to chew on and a back up supply lol hes got a bell and a swing i need more foraging toys and new perches his seem to be making marks on his feet[/quote]
What perches are you using?[/quote]
Not sure the just seem like wood branches to mee id load picture but this sit keeps saying my pics are too big
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Luckyandjenn wrote:

Hes got plenty of wood to chew on and a back up supply lol hes got a bell and a swing i need more foraging toys and new perches his seem to be making marks on his feet[/quote]
What perches are you using?[/quote]
Not sure the just seem like wood branches to mee id load picture but this sit keeps saying my pics are too big[/quote]
Thats a natural wood perch and those are actually the best perches you can get, Rope perches are also comfortable.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Next

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY