Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kili says Hey Cutie

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Kili says Hey Cutie

Postby Michael » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:22 am

Kili picked up one of Truman's vocalizations and learned to say "hey cutie." She's pretty shy about it and has never said it around us in person. But I finally got a camera set up by her cage and caught her saying it. Perhaps she said it before, but we would have assumed it was Truman. But since the birds are in separate rooms right now, it was certain that Kili said it!

Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Kili says Hey Cutie

Postby Pajarita » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:58 am

:lol: Yes, she does say 'Hey, Cutie!' but, why are her and Truman in different rooms now? They used to be together...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Michael » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Pajarita wrote::lol: Yes, she does say 'Hey, Cutie!' but, why are her and Truman in different rooms now? They used to be together...

Adopted Santina from a rescue. Santina brought in illness. Santina got the other birds sick. Vet couldn't diagnose but antibiotics helped. After treatment, birds would be better but Santina would get sick again and then get everyone else sick again. Ended up quarantining all birds to separate rooms. Rehomed Santina. Kili and Rachel seem fully cured so they've been reunited in the bird room. Truman is a bit questionable so pending improvement of further treatment, he remains isolated. If Kili said hey cutie before when she was in the same room as Truman, I would have assumed it was Truman. So either she just started doing this now or knew it all along but I never realized it.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Ah, poor Truman! I hope he gets better soon! And yes, I had the same thing happen to me with Mami and Naida. Mami has always been very vocal (talking, singing, whistling, scolding us in an old lady's voice when we argue, etc) while Naida only said "Hi, Nate" in the evenings so it took us quite some time to realize that Naida was now saying Hello as well as making human speech noises (she doesn't really say anything that anybody can understand yet but, if you listen to her from a distance, you would think she is actually talking) - we thought it was Mami all along until, one evening, we could clearly hear two different voices talking at the same time.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Ok I was confused for a second lol I forgot it was Truman that saids Hey cutie so this is my first time to hear Kili say it.Hope Truman gets better soon.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby captainjack » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 am

Grats, its very funny!))
captainjack
Parakeet