Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

HI everyone I am new to this

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

HI everyone I am new to this

Postby Kilko » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:29 am

Hello everyone I am new here so hope to get along with everybody.Here are my babies Kiko & Coral.
Attachments
Collage 2016-10-22 03_26_40-1-1.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 03_26_40-1-1.jpg (131.29 KiB) Viewed 10034 times
Collage 2016-10-22 03_25_51-1-1.jpg
Here is Coral my 10 year old harlequin macaw
Collage 2016-10-22 03_25_51-1-1.jpg (61.51 KiB) Viewed 10034 times
Collage 2016-10-22 03_23_07-1-1.jpg
Here is kiko my 8 year old greenwing macaw
Collage 2016-10-22 03_23_07-1-1.jpg (71.18 KiB) Viewed 10034 times
Kilko
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Greenwing and harlequin macaw
Flight: No

Re: HI everyone I am new to this

Postby liz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:54 am

Welcome to the forum. Your Macaws are real beauties. Are they "double trouble" like my Amazons?
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Wolf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:05 am

Welcome to the forum.

Would you mind telling us more about your birds? We use the information to help us to answer any questions that you may have for us, but just as important as this, we really enjoy hearing about your relationship and interactions with them. They are truly amazing creatures and if we pay attention to them they can teach us a lot about ourselves as well as about themselves.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Kilko » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:25 am

To start off I have had Kiko & Coral for about 6 months now. Kiko story I have gotten her who couldn't take care of her any longer.When I first saw her she stepped up on my arm but I really couldn't pet her.So the first few days I have had her she was like really quite and she had bit me hard a few times but eventually she let me pet her with out biting me.The person I have had got her from said that she'd prefer men over women because someone that had her before the previous owner threw a textbook at her.But It took her like a week for her to get used to me.Her first word she had said to me was hellooo.But the person I've gotten her from her cage was like infested with cockroaches.So I had to take apart her cage and clean it more than likely I just gonna get her a brand new cage.But now she will let me pet anywhere without biting me and step up with no problem.The only problem I have with her is she really don't like getting real close to other people especially my mom.She would try to bite you if you tried to pet her when I am holding her or not but she really loves talking to other people.But so far my mom has pet her a few time so have other people so thats progress.The other problem is she won't let me put a harness on her so i am still working on that. Thats Kiko story for now.Now to get started on Coral there's not much to say about him but I had got him from someone that was moving and they couldn't bring him so they had to give him away.So when i got him he got attached to Kiko right away like really attached he his like obsessed with her but she look at him like he's stupid.Every time I hold Kiko he likes freaks out and when I walk out with her he freaks so bad that he flys off the top of his cage to the floor and he would start running twords me just to see Kiko.I thinks he likes my mom more than me cause she would give him kisses and all sorts of things so I am still working on him to get him to really like me. So far I had held him a good bit a gave him a few kisses to the head so that's a good start.But he can really be a butt sometimes he likes to flip over his food bowl when I just put new food in it so I had to attached his food bowl to the cage so he won't file it over sometimes he would do it just to impress kiko but that obviously doesn't work on her.Also Coral is ok with others people petting him sometimes with him on others people arm but just hope that kiko would do that eventually.So that's about it for now so hope everyone has a great day :D
Kilko
Parakeet

Postby Kilko » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:08 am

Here are some more pictures of them.
Attachments
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-2-1.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-2-1.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 10000 times
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-2.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-2.jpg (97.68 KiB) Viewed 10000 times
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-3-1.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-3-1.jpg (94.47 KiB) Viewed 10000 times
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-3.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-3.jpg (85.73 KiB) Viewed 10000 times
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-4.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-4.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 10000 times
Kilko
Parakeet

Postby Kilko » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:09 am

My babies
Attachments
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-1-1.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-1-1.jpg (115.64 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-1-2.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-1-2.jpg (78.4 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-1.jpg
Collage 2016-10-22 10_01_19-1.jpg (73.62 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
Kilko
Parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:37 am

Welcome to the forum, Kiko, Coral and Mom! WOW! You went from no parrot to two macaws in a matter of a couple of months?! That takes guts! The only thing I would strongly recommend is that you are EXTREMELY careful of their light schedule and their diets because, going by what you describe, it seems that you have a male and female there and that the male has mate-bonded with the female (even though she hasn't accepted him yet -which is completely normal btw) so, unless you keep them from becoming overly hormonal, you will have no chance of not getting bit real bad.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Luckyandjenn » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Welcome tovthe group stunning birdys you have there
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Blue and gold macaw and a flock of all diffrent types hens Americana, silkie, yellow Sexton ,austrelop Plymouth Bared Rock

Postby Bird woman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:02 pm

A warm late welcome to you from bird woman and my 10 double trouble makers. I also have 2 green wings and one I've had for 17 years that would be Huey , he used to be my best lowest maintenance ever bird. The other one is Mathew , both are DNA sexed males. Since Mathew showed up its been the biggest horror story of my life. Huey was bonded to me and now I'm 3rd man out!!! He is totally viscous and would kill me if he could. Huey was such a good boy he never was caged in all the time I've had him and was always excepting of all the other birds. Now I've purchased a huge indoor cage and he's in it. There is a divider that I can separate the 2 macaws with,to be able to get them into the outside avairys. I can handle the new one so I put him out first then let Huey out and he follows. Several times he has jumped on me and I am sporting a few very bad scares from the attacks . I'm telling you all this because I want you to understand how out of hand things can get if they decide to bond and how dangerous these large birds can be , especially if your new to this. I'm not trying to scare you but wanting you to be cautious , especially when other people are around. I've been running my little bird sanctuary/ rescue for a number of years now and this situation has thrown me a big curve ball and I still don't have a clue how to start to fix the problem except separating them. The other bad thing is he's teaching the nice one to strike out and bite. Let me know how it's going and if I can help you in anyway I will. I don't get on the site as much as I would like but I check my e-mail often and you can send a PM and my computer will alert me. Have fun with your 2 new fids . :danicing: B.W.
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Return to Introductions