Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Benefits of having a Flighted bird

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Benefits of having a Flighted bird

Postby Pajarita » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:09 pm

seagoatdeb wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:
Pajarita wrote:I don't understand the purpose of this posting... If you want to talk about the benefits of having a flighted bird, use your own words and opinion instead of somebody else's but I doubt that it will be necessary as this IS a flighted bird site, after all.

I was quoting it meaning sharing it so others can read it thats all so now you do understand the purpose.

Pajarita, If this is a flighted bird site, as you have said I would really like to know where that is posted as a requirement. when I joined it asked if you had clipped or unclipped and I saw nothing about it being a flighted bird site. Or perhaps you could clarify what you meant by that, for the many members who do have clipped parrots. My parrots are both fully flighted right now so its not for me. I do support the ability for owners to choose whats best for them though. This is really a hot topic, and I belong to facebook groups that believe in doing whats best or are all for non clipping and its the one topic thats always sure to cause an argument. But it is an important topic.

Don't twist my words, Seagoatdeb, and don't try to pick a fight as you are wont to do with me. I did not say that flight was a requirement to become a member of this site; I said that this is 'a flighted bird site' and it is. As to where it says that.. well, all you have to do is read Michael's writings about the subject, he is 100% pro-flight and anti-clipping and back when he had the time to answer posts, he made sure he made this very clear. And, as the owner of the site is always the one that 'sets the tone' or slant, if you wish, if the owner is pro flight, the site is pro flight. Personally, I don't believe that clipping could ever be 'best' for a bird. What I do believe is that clipping is always 'best' for the human but what you, me, other members or other sites support or believe it's best for the birds is kind of irrelevant because we are not the owners of the site. We can have discussions about it but the site promotes what the site promotes and this site promotes flight.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:44 pm

She was not trying to pick a fight and for you to even think she was probably means you were trying to in my eyes anyway, She did say you can clarify what you meant by that and you did and again like she said it is an important topic and nobody is trying to pick a fight so don't get any ideas about me :D
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby seagoatdeb » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:52 pm

I only asked for clarification, you will have to look elsewhere if you want to argue.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:57 pm

ParrotsForLife wrote:She was not trying to pick a fight and for you to even think she was probably means you were trying to in my eyes anyway, She did say you can clarify what you meant by that and you did and again like she said it is an important topic and nobody is trying to pick a fight so don't get any ideas about me :D

If you don't want to pick a fight, stay out of other people's arguments and don't speak for anybody else.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Pajarita wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:She was not trying to pick a fight and for you to even think she was probably means you were trying to in my eyes anyway, She did say you can clarify what you meant by that and you did and again like she said it is an important topic and nobody is trying to pick a fight so don't get any ideas about me :D

If you don't want to pick a fight, stay out of other people's arguments and don't speak for anybody else.

What argument? You mean like 2 comments you made lol, Don't have your so called arguments on a Public forum if you don't want anyone else responding theres a PM button learn to use it.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Don't take it the wrong way but I did start this thread and its a public forum so I can comment if I want to and I'm not trying to be rude but I would much rather you take your arguments elsewhere and not on my threads "All the time"
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby liz » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 pm

All right people, let it go.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:10 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:Don't take it the wrong way but I did start this thread and its a public forum so I can comment if I want to and I'm not trying to be rude but I would much rather you take your arguments elsewhere and not on my threads "All the time"

You can comment on the subject of a thread but butting into other people's arguments will bring you nothing but grief. Besides, nobody knows what other people's intentions really are so your "She did not want to pick a fight, but you probably were" was out of line. And I post on almost every single thread, I do not target you although I am sure it seems that way to you.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:32 am

Pajarita wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:Don't take it the wrong way but I did start this thread and its a public forum so I can comment if I want to and I'm not trying to be rude but I would much rather you take your arguments elsewhere and not on my threads "All the time"

You can comment on the subject of a thread but butting into other people's arguments will bring you nothing but grief. Besides, nobody knows what other people's intentions really are so your "She did not want to pick a fight, but you probably were" was out of line. And I post on almost every single thread, I do not target you although I am sure it seems that way to you.

I didn't say you target me I am talking about you starting fights on my threads it doesn't matter who its with and this time it was Deborah.And I don't know what your QUOTE is all about because I never said any such thing so just let it go and it is my business though it doesn't seem that way to you
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby liz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:40 pm

liz wrote:All right people, let it go.

I really hate it when someone is so touchy that they get offended at almost anything. I also hate that people won't let it go. Please be considerate and pm. A new member could be scared off because it is so infantile.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care