Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Benefits of having a Flighted bird

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Benefits of having a Flighted bird

Postby seagoatdeb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:30 pm

liz wrote:
liz wrote:All right people, let it go.

I really hate it when someone is so touchy that they get offended at almost anything. I also hate that people won't let it go. Please be considerate and pm. A new member could be scared off because it is so infantile.

What is comes right down to is we cant always understand what peoples intentions are the best we can do is understand as best we can. All of this is most likely misunderstandings, so please listen to Liz she is absoultely right.... its time to let it go.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:36 am

liz wrote:
liz wrote:All right people, let it go.

I really hate it when someone is so touchy that they get offended at almost anything. I also hate that people won't let it go. Please be considerate and pm. A new member could be scared off because it is so infantile.

Exactly what I was saying
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:52 am

No, there is no misunderstanding. I don't usually go around saying this but I am highly intelligent (Mensa level to be more exact) and have excellent comprehension skills so no, no misunderstanding. As to letting things go, I made it very clear that the kid gloves were off. I have put up with A LOT of disrespect from both Brandon and Seagoatdeb and the only thing that accomplished was to encourage them so I no longer will.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Pajarita wrote:No, there is no misunderstanding. I don't usually go around saying this but I am highly intelligent (Mensa level to be more exact) and have excellent comprehension skills so no, no misunderstanding. As to letting things go, I made it very clear that the kid gloves were off. I have put up with A LOT of disrespect from both Brandon and Seagoatdeb and the only thing that accomplished was to encourage them so I no longer will.

Honestly before all this we were getting along ok and talking but it is always my threads that arguments seem to take place and I just wanted to stop it this time.And yes you have gotten disrespect and we the same from you so just put all this in the past and move on or just don't talk to each other at all.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby liz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:57 am

It takes at least 2 for an argument. The bigger person should just not respond.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Wolf » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:57 am

I am sorry that I have not been here as often as I have apparently been needed to be, but since this has been due to some medical issues, it just could not be helped, again, I apologise for my absence. I also wish to thank those who PM'ed me about this altercation.

There are apparently still some misconceptions about the nature of this forum, some of which I have tried to address in the past and then the first one that I am going to address in this post is one that really should not require any comment on, but it has come up and is being used in an argument that should not be occurring in the first place.

Michael may indeed be 100% in favor of flighted birds and based upon what he has posted, himself, on this forum, I have no doubt that this is true, but that is not the manner in which he has chosen to propagate it. From the topic " Welcome to the Parrot Forum" this is what he has to say...
Welcome to The Parrot Forum
by Admin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Welcome to The Parrot Forum, a friendly discussion group about parrots.

The Parrot Forum is an online discussion forum for parrot owners, lovers, and prospective owners. Visit our website to talk about all kinds of parrots including:

From there it is just a listing of some of the parrots that are in existence for us to discuss as well as a few things to discuss if we choose to and a couple of helpful tips. And that is all that he is promoting this site as, any other idea about what this forum is or is about is not based on anything that Michael has promoted this site to be and is the sole opinion of the party that is posting it.

This is not a flighted parrot site, this is a parrot site that is dedicated strictly to the sharing of knowledge about parrots and their well being. Anything else that this forum is about is contained in this link...viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

In this link you will find 9 rules that directly impact your ability to post and function while on this forum. Please take note of the fact that these rules expressly state that we are to address each other in respectful and mature manners at all times.

There have been several mistakes made in this topic that I really do not wish to dignify by going directly into, but I will say that those of you that are embarrassing yourselves with this argument are in violation of the rules of this forum as set forth by Michael and you need to stop this behavior immediately, Not only does this behavior illustrate a lack of maturity is also shows a lack of respect to each other as well as towards the rest of us and it also shows poor judgement.

If for any reason, you can not address each other with due respect then perhaps you should consider not being on this forum as these are required for your continued participation here.

If for any reason, I have confused anyone with my response, allow me to clarify what I am saying ... End this now ! Post respectfully to each other of you are free to go elsewhere !!
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Tman007 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:32 pm

I just wonder how we would be if we were in someones livingroom talking about this?
This is one subject that always gets people going.I like my parrot flighted. Being afraid of them hitting a wall or window I have found that after a few flights around my apartment and Axel can fly around all day not hitting anything including me. By letting them fly they learn were they can go. He always has to do a few fly byes. Lol I feel that by letting him fly he gets some of that exess engry out of him and he feels better. But as for people who have their parrots clipped I will not say your wrong. But you might just try and let your parrot get his wings and see what happens you just might enjoy the fact your parrot will fly over to you to be with you.
It takes a great man to give advice tactfully
But a greater to accept it graciously

Logan Pearsall Smith
Tman007
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Galah (rose breasted cockatoo)
Cockatiel

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:50 pm

My birds aren't Flighted because I want them to be lol they are Flighted because they are birds meant to fly and need to fly to be mentally and physically healthy and I don't believe I have any business touching their feathers and cutting them which basically would be like a Parrot cutting our hair when we didn't want it cut only it doesn't affect us.A Large flighted parrot is like a clipped bird if they don't have space to fly and thats why I bring my large Parrots outside to fly (Harnessed) and that still isn't enough flight but still better than nothing.

https://theparrotuniversity.com/flight
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Geeeeez I guess I missed out on this discussion , I just read another one just flew out the door and is missing yesterday :shock: please everyone careful with these flying , curious , easily spooked fids! My flyers are always in an enclosed area that can only be opened by me when people are around. I have found that people tend to forget when it's not there bird to close doors or watch were they step . It's always in our sub conscious but not others.BW. REMEMBER ITS GOING TO BE LOUD TONIGHT !
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:58 pm

Bird woman wrote:Geeeeez I guess I missed out on this discussion , I just read another one just flew out the door and is missing yesterday :shock: please everyone careful with these flying , curious , easily spooked fids! My flyers are always in an enclosed area that can only be opened by me when people are around. I have found that people tend to forget when it's not there bird to close doors or watch were they step . It's always in our sub conscious but not others.BW. REMEMBER ITS GOING TO BE LOUD TONIGHT !

Thats very true but because they are ours we are always careful but others in the house aren't always and I am bird sitting a grey and he flew to my mam when she was walking out the door and she held her arm up and he landed though luckily the second door wasn't open.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care