Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Visiting Santina and Lori for the Holidays

Comment or discuss articles from the trained parrot blog.

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Marianna and I went to visit Santina and Lori for the holidays. It was our first visit with Santina since she was rehomed to Lori. Watch the video to see Santina's reaction, how things are going, and opening presents.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Visiting Santina and Lori for the Holidays

Postby ~Karen » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:06 pm

What a pleasure it was to see Santina. She seems very happy and healthy and Lori is in love! I'm sure it was very hard to let her go, but you did good :)

I love Santina's play area. What type of perches are those?
~Karen
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Winged Macaws

Postby Bird woman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:47 pm

You can always tell by a parrots reaction if they came from a loving home. I have experienced this 3 times so far a person coming to visit there parrot they surrendered to me. Twice was not good for the old owners as the parrots lashed out at them and was not happy with me for a while after they left and once the parrot was happy and interacted with all of us. Clearly they remember and when the parrots come for a play date that I have previously rehomed, it's just like old home week and all the parrots play eat and have fun. There so smart and have a memory that rivals an elephant. I have always paid close attention to all there actions because although most won't tell you the truth about the bird your taking in or they just don't know about there past {the bird always tells the story } Santana obviously loved you very much michael. I always wait at least 2 months before I let people come visit so's not to confuse them. MERRY XMAS :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:44 pm

~Karen wrote:I love Santina's play area. What type of perches are those?

Custom NU Perch stand I built based on NU Perch.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Bushra » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:39 am

This is the video I waited so much. I was so worried how Santina will adjust. This is really great to see Lori with her. I am sooooooooo happy, really.
Bushra
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Jenday Conure
Orange Winged Amazon
Flight: No

Postby catlady » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:06 am

Delightful video showing how lovable macaws can be, something I had never seen. I shall soon be volunteering at the local bird hotel, where there are always a few macaws, beautiful but intimidating to me. I doubt I will be carrying any around, but I will be more comfortable around them. Now for a similar introduction to cockatoos! (I have a rescue amazon, :amazon: so that is my comfort size-range.)
Thank you for your videos which have helped this traditional owner of four-footed pets (cats, dogs, rabbits, horses and a golden teddybear hamster discovered in my garden) adjust to the joys of life with a bird. :D
catlady
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Amazon
Flight: No

Return to TrainedParrot.com - Parrot Training Blog Comments