Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

My flock

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

My flock

Postby Erithacus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 am

This is my outdoor aviary.

Kilaya ...cag
Pipi, Zizi, Eclipse and Zico ... gcc
Erithacus
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 19
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey, Green cheek conures, Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Bulbul.
Flight: Yes

Re: My flock

Postby Bird woman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:55 am

Very happy fids, beautiful , makes my heart happy this-morning . Thank you :thumbsup: (what kind of wire did you use? ) or were they avairy pre- fab panels ? BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Erithacus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:05 am

Only galvanized wires are available here.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey, Green cheek conures, Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Bulbul.

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 am

Why cant I see it?
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:38 am

Aww, such pretty birds! I love it when I see birds doing natural things like chewing on a branch or a leaf! And I didn't know you also had cockatiels and lovebirds! Also, any particular reason why you are spoon-feeding the gray?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Erithacus wrote:Only galvanized wires are available here.
. :shock: not bird safe suppose to be very toxic . BW ( Very nice set up though ) pajirta , I spoon feed my babies sometimes especially when experimenting with a new recipe. :D BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:51 pm

My son did powder coating on the wire he used to protect the cockatiels at the window. I think that is what it is called. He is working with another piece of cage wire to replace the screen in the door that the cockatiels are chewing on.
Do you know anyone else who has a screen door inside the house between the living room and a bedroom?
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Erithacus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Pajarita wrote:Aww, such pretty birds! I love it when I see birds doing natural things like chewing on a branch or a leaf! And I didn't know you also had cockatiels and lovebirds! Also, any particular reason why you are spoon-feeding the gray?

My cockatiels are the oldest of the flock. The oldest is almost 6 while the youngest is 3. The lovebirds and gcc breeding pair were kept at my sis in law's house. I brought all home after my backyard aviary was built. I had a 'room' made for them because I was afraid they could not get along with the tiels. My main objective to build the aviary was for my cockatiels. Ever since I have had the 4 gccs, the tiels were kept in the cage most of the time as the gccs would kill them.

It will be very helpful, should my grey falls sick one day, I will be able to feed her medicines. Some of my friends are syringe feeding their parrots for the same reason.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Postby Erithacus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Bird woman wrote:
Erithacus wrote:Only galvanized wires are available here.
. :shock: not bird safe suppose to be very toxic . BW ( Very nice set up though ) pajirta , I spoon feed my babies sometimes especially when experimenting with a new recipe. :D BW

I checked with some people before I had the galvanized wire installed. A few of them have been using galvanized wire for decades without issues. I had been using galvanized wire on my aviary at my sis in law's house for 4 years without issues too. And the birds have moved to this new aviary now.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Postby Erithacus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:11 pm

liz wrote:My son did powder coating on the wire he used to protect the cockatiels at the window. I think that is what it is called. He is working with another piece of cage wire to replace the screen in the door that the cockatiels are chewing on.
Do you know anyone else who has a screen door inside the house between the living room and a bedroom?

That is called epoxy. I usually send my new cages for epoxy. By adding another coat of paint, it helps to prevent rust.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Next

Return to Parrot Tales