Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

some people ! grrrr!!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

some people ! grrrr!!

Postby alienlady » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:12 am

I need a red.angry icon blowing smoke out of his ears ! :lol:
Yesterday I heard about someone selling a TAG because it wouldn't stop talking !! .That's my kind of bird :D . I rang the people and was answered by a man who told me it had already gone to the first person who had showed up ! Apparently his wife loved the bird and he hated it because it wouldn't shut up. His wife is away for the weekend so he sold it!!! I'm so angry. He was so arrogant and thought it was an hilarious thing to do.
I think his wife should have got rid of him! I hate to think what will happen to the TAG especially when he was sold so cheaply, I expect he was bought to sell on. :(
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Re: some people ! grrrr!!

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:52 am

What an horrendous thing to do.
He can't love his wife if he is prepared to sell her pet while she is away.
Poor bird, I hope its gone somewhere where it will be well looked after.
What a horrible shock for his wife when she gets home.
I count my blessings with OH, he wouldn't dream of doing something so horrible.
I hope she realises what she is married to and ends it. What a nasty individual.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby Bird woman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:47 am

That's how dolly the umbrella that fell in love with miko came to being passed around , the husband divorced his wife and had given her the bird many years prior to there divorce. He took the bird and locked it up in his business so she couldn't get to her. Years later after dolly had no companionship and left alone weekends and nights, he'd had enough of the bird. The wife was well out of the picture and then I found dolly and rescued her from the nasty poor excuse of a man. All to hurt the wife while destroying the birds life. Well I found dolly , dolly found miko another rescue and there still kissing it up. There are some of us women out there that it would be a permently fatal mistake to even entertain the thought of doing something like that. :twisted: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:51 am

If the bird is in her name and bought by her and not him he has no right to sell it and she would be justified in going for legal action against him.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby Bird woman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:25 am

He will probably tell her it died when she gets home. Most people that are chicken S--t like that can't own up or face the truth on anything they do .I'd get that guys phone number and keep calling it until I reached her . :P
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Wolf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:48 am

The only response that I can give to this is that if someone did this to me and any of my animal friends that they would be the next thing to leave. I might try to be nice enough to allow them about an hour to disappear from my life, if they are very lucky!!
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby liz » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:55 am

Loriusgarrulus wrote:If tPhe bird is in her name and bought by her and not him he has no right to sell it and she would be justified in going for legal action against him.

I read on FB. A woman had to go to the hospital and was in a long time. When she got out the brother who was suppose to be caring for her bird had sold it. By the time she found out it had changed so many hands that she could not find it. She sent the word out on FB that it was her beloved Cockatoo with a ring and told it's personality. I never heard if she got it back but she searched more than a year. The ring means nothing if the human reading it does not care.

People who go out of their way to deeply hurt the two beings, human and bird, should be caned like they do in China.

I moved here at night. The next morning I heard a Cockatiel outside. I called it and put food out for it. I even opened the Cockatiel window hoping my Tiels would call it in. I walked around and told neighbors that I had not yet met that their was a Cockatiel on the loose and to let me know if they see it or to catch it if possible to pass to me or I would teach the person if he wanted to keep it when an owner did not claim it.

I was really stressed over a Cockatiel that I did not know but should have helped. That little being that I did not know was out there among preditors without a flock for protection. When I could no longer hear it I put on my rose colored glasses and told myself it had found a wild flock of some kind to join. (My Bubba joined a Starling flock many years before.) My heart was breaking for this little unknown Tiel.

I am afraid I would do physical harm to anyone who harmed or neglected a pet. I have reported many people, two of which were friends who would not listen to me. I have threatened my daughter. I tell her if she was not my daughter I would see to it that she never had another pet. With her I just take care of them to know they don't suffer.

I really hurt for a little unknown bird. Loosing your companion must be about killing you. I am so sorry that the woman has gone through this. I hope she finds it and beats the sh.t out of her husband before throwing him out.

The Cockatiel I was following turned out to be one of mine. It was Max one I had not had long. I finally counted mine and was one short. Because there were so many in the flock it took a while to see which one was missing. It broke my heart. I hurt for his family which was a mate and two yearling offspring. I had taken the family when I found out that they were not cared for properly.
I have to keep my rose colored glasses on and believe he is still out there and living and being taught to servive by a wild flock.

I adjusted my life to take in any bird that was listed cheap or free. They would be considered throw aways and I am always afraid that it will go to someone who wants the show and tell of a bird or wants to use it as snake food.

Please when you hear of such birds, claim them. Check if it has an owner missing it. If you cannot keep it you can at least take care of it and put it back to health and learn it's personality so you can rehome it to the right people.

I would never do this. I get too attached. I did rehome two budgies that were rescued when I decided I was not doing what was best for them. They are safe, happy and cared for. They are Wolf's 2 budgies. This soft hearted man took them in even though he already had many. Gotta love him.

I agree that we need a new icon.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 pm

My husband tells everybody that if I am away and anything happens to any of my animals while under his care, he would move to another state before I find out. People think he means it as a joke but he doesn't. He knows me well enough to know that I would never forgive him if anything happened to any of my animals through his action or inaction! I had to travel to California to pick up Zoey Senegal and even though I left one day and came back the next, I had a baby canary that his mother had abandoned (she was sick, the poor thing!) and I was hand-feeding it so it fell to him to do it. He never left the house for one minute and fed him every hour (even during the night) because he was so worried that something was going to happen to him and that I would never forgive him. BTW, this baby is Luciano (the one I say it's my husband's 'son' :D ) and he grew up to be the most beautiful canary I have now and one of the males I will be breeding later on the year.

Personally, I would have never married a man like that one. You can tell if people love animals or simply enjoy them and, as far as I am concerned, you better be a true animal lover if you want to live with me!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:49 pm

All I could think was I wish I had a gun ! :lol: These kind of people are a waste of air space. I only hope that she can find her bird and bring it home and do something fitting to that evil man.
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Wolf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 am

I do have guns and know very well how to use them as I have hunted my entire life, but I do not think that bringing guns into the picture is in anyone's best interest! just get rid of the jerk as quickly as possible. Perhaps she could take him to court but it would most likely be considered to be just a domestic dispute and be thrown out and she would have to prove that not only was she the birds primary caregiver but that the bird was hers alone and not his. I could be very difficult to do in a court.

Hopefully she can find the bird and get it back and get rid of such a non caring person as the one that she hooked up with.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Next

Return to General & Off Topic