Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hope for the bluethroat!

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Hope for the bluethroat!

Postby Pajarita » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:15 pm

This is a very nice article about the program they have in place to help increase the populations of this severely endangered macaw in Bolivia and, although I am never been one of the 'the butler did it!' crowd, the good news are very important not to tell in advance: they found 15 new individuals nesting in an island!!!!

http://www.birdlife.org/americas/news/n ... ated-macaw
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Hope for the bluethroat!

Postby alienlady » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:32 am

That is a really interesting read as well as being a feel good factor. How exciting!
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Pajarita » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:18 am

I had a bluethroat in the rescue and she was a wonderful bird! Got her a great home where she still lives.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:20 pm

You were lucky ! I have only seen them in pictures . It's great to hear that the bird has had a good long term home too :D
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:06 pm

The new owner changed her name to something that did not sound at all like her previous one (she came to me as Cuddles, I changed it to Carol but he changed it to Luna :shock: ) but, aside from that, she gets great care (has an aviary built into an entire side of the living room, gets fresh food every day, etc.) and her owners (he got married and had a child since he first got her) love her to pieces!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby alienlady » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:16 pm

That's wonderful ! Everything turned out well for her. I do like to hear a happy parrot story :D :thumbsup:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Return to Parrot Species