Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Repetitive Behaviour

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Repetitive Behaviour

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:49 am

Pajarita wrote:Then I suggest you stop getting them and possibly start thinking of rehoming Mango and the new baby because you have been here for less than three years and in that time you were first all about Rocko, then all about Loki, then all for the lovebird you couldn't manage and ended up selling, then all for Mango and now all for Oscar. Rocko and Loki are fine because they have each other but Mango is now having stereotypic behavior and that's not good, Brandon. He is suffering and you need to do something about it so, if you cannot find him a mate, then find him a home where he can have a life more suited to his needs and the company of other aviary and similar birds, preferably of the same species.

First of all I did not sell Rio he was rehomed for the flocks safety and yes Rocko and Loki have each other so they don't include me anymore lol and I was only selfish with Mango because I wanted to have a relationship with him and now he can be friends with the baby so that could help him and also the baby isn't my responsibility and Oscar well I have built a good relationship with him.And what do you mean stop getting them? I never got anymore birds except for Oscar for good reasons.
Edit: And I was never all about Loki :lol: she wasn't even my bird when she first came to live here and I can do anything with her shes very well behaved and even though she has Rocko she still likes me too.
Last edited by ParrotsForLife on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 am

alicat wrote:Always up to the same antics, Brandon. :lol:
Oh how you make me laugh

Didn't wolf permanently ban you?
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:12 pm

No, she did not get banned.

You were asking &100 for Rio, that's not rehoming, Brandon, it's selling. People use euphemisms all the time when it comes to birds... they buy a baby and call it 'adopting', they sell a bird and call it 'rehoming' but each term means something different and, when you ask for money, you are selling, not rehoming which is free. And yes, I remember very well that Loki was, originally, for your sister but you took over her when she no longer paid attention to her and even before that, you were posting pictures of her here and talking about her. And when I say 'stop getting them' that is exactly what I mean. Your household had Tiko, which belonged to your mother and you couldn't interact with because she/he bit the heck out of you so you got Rocko, then your sister wanted one too and Loki was purchased but she ended up yours. Then Rio, the lovebird, which you couldn't make to work out because you wanted to make a companion out of an adult aviary bird so he got sold. Then you thought about breeding Rocko and Loki but it did not work out, either. Rio was replaced with poor Mango, another aviary species that you tried to make into a companion and which, again, did not work out but in a different way because you got him while he was still young and the flooding ended up in giving him stereotypies (and, yes, Brandon, you did flood him. I saw the videos you posted here. I know you did not mean to do this but the truth is that you don't read your birds correctly and cannot tell when they are scared or anxious). You lost Tiko CAG on Halloween, you replaced Tiko with Oscar BFA. Now you got the baby parakeet which you expect will become a companion to Mango -an iffy thing at best. See the pattern, Brandon? And all this in less than three years!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Pajarita wrote:No, she did not get banned.

You were asking &100 for Rio, that's not rehoming, Brandon, it's selling. People use euphemisms all the time when it comes to birds... they buy a baby and call it 'adopting', they sell a bird and call it 'rehoming' but each term means something different and, when you ask for money, you are selling, not rehoming which is free. And yes, I remember very well that Loki was, originally, for your sister but you took over her when she no longer paid attention to her and even before that, you were posting pictures of her here and talking about her. And when I say 'stop getting them' that is exactly what I mean. Your household had Tiko, which belonged to your mother and you couldn't interact with because she/he bit the heck out of you so you got Rocko, then your sister wanted one too and Loki was purchased but she ended up yours. Then Rio, the lovebird, which you couldn't make to work out because you wanted to make a companion out of an adult aviary bird so he got sold. Then you thought about breeding Rocko and Loki but it did not work out, either. Rio was replaced with poor Mango, another aviary species that you tried to make into a companion and which, again, did not work out but in a different way because you got him while he was still young and the flooding ended up in giving him stereotypies (and, yes, Brandon, you did flood him. I saw the videos you posted here. I know you did not mean to do this but the truth is that you don't read your birds correctly and cannot tell when they are scared or anxious). You lost Tiko CAG on Halloween, you replaced Tiko with Oscar BFA. Now you got the baby parakeet which you expect will become a companion to Mango -an iffy thing at best. See the pattern, Brandon? And all this in less than three years!

That just shows how wrong you are and how worrying your memory is, Rio was rehomed not sold of course I know the difference and he was not replaced and never will be, I would take him back if I had the chance because I have another room to keep him separate but of course you forgot the reason why he was rehomed which is because he was attacking the others.Tiko never belonged to anyone she was family and I got Rocko a year after my budgie died again nothing to do with Tiko, Only later after getting Mango I decided I should work with Tiko so she can also be more involved in everything the others do and we quickly became good friends after I realised she wasn't being bad and never was trying to bite she was only playing and then I lost her which left a huge hole in my heart and I didn't do much with the others and stayed in bed all the time and after my mam started looking for another grey I thought it was a great idea and I knew it would help me heal and we ended up getting Oscar instead of Charlie who wasn't for sale anymore and NO Oscar isn't replacing Tiko but he is filling in that hole in my heart and nobody said Tiko isn't coming home theres still a possibility and nobody has given up on her.And maybe think before you reply because your mentioning names that are obviously sensitive especially when you dont even know me very well I hardly share my whole life story here though there is my bird keeping history on my profile but you obviously never saw it so you wouldn't have known I had other birds before Rocko.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Also I forgot to mention that Mango's behaviour completely stopped when he was around the baby (The baby was in my bedroom twice and for a few minutes and Mango allowed him to sit on his swing which he wouldn't let Rocko or Loki and everywhere Mango went the baby would follow) I actually haven't seen the baby myself in two days because his brooder is in my mams bedroom and he only comes out of the room to be fed and I am mostly in my bedroom with Oscar and the others playing or watching something on Netflix and if I'm not in my bedroom I'm out with friends or with Oscar.And Mango mainly starts to do this behaviour when I am watching something so I have to speak every time he starts making noise so he stops I don't know why but he always stops making noise if I speak over him it doesn't matter what I say.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby alicat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:41 pm

I didn't get banned, I just don't post here. I should though because my Piper is the coolest lil dude :greycockatiel:
You sure seem to have a revolving door of birds though! Not much has changed! This one, that one, this baby, that one flies away.

Oh how you're gonna enjoy the hormone stage of a male amazon :lol:
I'm pretty surprised you still have Mango, but based on what I've read it might be better for him to go to someone more experienced with ringnecks!
alicat
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:16 pm

alicat wrote:I didn't get banned, I just don't post here. I should though because my Piper is the coolest lil dude :greycockatiel:
You sure seem to have a revolving door of birds though! Not much has changed! This one, that one, this baby, that one flies away.

Oh how you're gonna enjoy the hormone stage of a male amazon :lol:
I'm pretty surprised you still have Mango, but based on what I've read it might be better for him to go to someone more experienced with ringnecks!

"This one, that one, this baby, that one flies away" Is it illegal to own many birds? No I didn't think so but it is weird to follow someone to a forum and start trouble I'm sure you know I'm talking about the past when Wolf pm'ed you.And yeah I look forward to understanding the behaviour change I respect him now so how hard can it be if he tells me to back off when he's hormonal I wont even try touch him then ill just keep him company like the whole family already does.And the only reason I still have Mango is the fact that I love him and he is family, Yes he could probably live a good happy life in a Aviary but I'm selfish when it comes to letting someone go as most people would be.And you know nothing about Mango all you ever read that he wasn't tame at all but you never got the chance to see that he became semi-tame and learnt to step up.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Look, I am not going to go into an argument with you, Brandon - mainly because it doesn't do any good as you don't ever admit to anything, use the old 'offense is the best defense' play and change your story as it unfolds.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Pajarita wrote:Look, I am not going to go into an argument with you, Brandon - mainly because it doesn't do any good as you don't ever admit to anything, use the old 'offense is the best defense' play and change your story as it unfolds.

Im not even talking to you I have nothing to argue with you about lol, I never ever shared my story here its all on my profile and I never changed it.Go back to that thread you can see I was originally selling Rio and then I rehomed him because I found the right home and remember the two guys that came for him and I had Rocko at the door and they asked could they buy him and I said no and didn't let them take Rio either.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 pm

"Oh no--I don't know why people let the babies with aggressive parents. He might be suffering nerve damage from that as well as psychological damage. Get him checked out."

I think she might be right because Mango was attacked by his parents when he was a baby which is what I would think if he's missing nails and it is common in these species.I was talking to my vet and she is going to forward my message on to the Avian Vet and ill get an estimate of the price for all the tests and whatever else needs to be done and ill take the long trip to the Avian Vet.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet