Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Piccolo and Pod's diet.

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Piccolo and Pod's diet.

Postby DanaandPod » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Based on access, tight income , trial and errors, and what they WIWIL and how they will eat:
I mix an ice cube tray with baby food. A row of half carrot/half mango. A row of sweet potato/half banana. I alternate between the two for Piccolo, my meyers parrot. Pod, my jardine, will eat thawed peas. He will only eat the ice tray mixes with a little peanut butter natural mixed in. So, for him its a couple days of peas then switch to the ice tray mixes, on and off. Mon.-Fri. They each perform tricks for first half of breakfast which is two each crushed almonds. Sat. And Sun. This switches to walnuts. Evening is zupreem natural pellets. Mid day snack: blueberries, mango, typically. Or red raspberry or apple. Portion is 4 blue berries. As a occasional treat: pasta, rice, fresh popped pop corn.
Critique.
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet