Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Wolf

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Wolf

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 am

I am still reeling from this... he was one of my dearest friends even though we had only seen each other in person once. He had been diagnosed with lung cancer and had recently finished the first round of chemo and radiation which had left him at only 130 plus pounds. He had no appetite but was trying hard to eat - and he also had trouble breathing because of all the phlegm in his lungs so he was using a nebulizer and had an oxygen tank to help him. But his scan had shown that his tumor was significantly smaller so we were all so very hopeful... Pam (his lady) is still not quite out of the shock but she is doing OK. I just hanged up with her and assured her that I will find the way to get down there and pick up the small birds. She is OK with the dogs, the cats and wants to keep the larger birds -at least for now.

He loved this forum with a passion. Pam told me that he was too tired all the time to do any of his crafts (he worked with wood and metal) but he never stopped with the forum -her words were "He loved that forum... he enjoyed it so much, it became his life".

He was cremated yesterday and there will be no service (he did not want any - he was a Christian and a very spiritual man but did not believe in denominations or organized religion) but I would like to ask if you, guys, would be willing to donate some money so we can contribute to a nice stone or something in his memory... maybe something that Pam can keep? I am open to any suggestions you guys might have.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 am

Do you need help transporting the birds to you?
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby liz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am

I am in shock and will be for a long time. Pam had all the warnings. But when someone is sick you draw them closer to you. I knew Momma was dying a few months before she went. I was with her 24/7 and even slept in her room. The hardest part was getting used to not talking to her and not seeing her where she should have been in the room. Pam will suffer with this for many months to come. I am sure she comforted him all the time. I am sure he was a comfort to her and that she won't have anymore.

There is a release when someone you love who has suffered for so long is no longer suffering. At the same time the one who was left behind does the suffering for what they have lost.

GOD bless you and comfort you, Pam. If you need to talk please contact me. I loved him very much even though I knew little about him. I know he loved you dearly.

I hope she is reading this and knows how much we will miss him.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby stevesjk » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:55 am

Im fairly new here but i am familiar with his postings. Hes not only enriched the lives of his own birds but many others also who's owners have read his postings and followed his advice.

....my condolences to his family and also to his birds who have lost a member of their flock.
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:05 am

Michael wrote:Do you need help transporting the birds to you?

I haven't even started trying to figure out how I am going to do it, Michael. I guess I'll have to fly down there and maybe drive back or maybe use the train (because I won't be able to come back on a plane with three cages). I do have a niece that lives in North Carolina with her family so I might get in touch with her for pick up at the airport and to drive me around as well as stay overnight at her house - or I'll stay in a hotel and rent a car. My son-in-law is working on my car as I type this (the alternator had died and killed the battery or something) and I don't even know what my husband's schedule is for next week. And, to put the icing on the cake, we are in the middle of working with our accountant and our lawyer because my husband is going to semi-retire when he turns 70 in April and because we have things going on here and back home, it's a mess of power of attorneys and paperwork that needs to be translated and certified at the consulates which is costing us a fortune!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:08 am

Pajarita wrote:
Michael wrote:Do you need help transporting the birds to you?

I haven't even started trying to figure out how I am going to do it, Michael. I guess I'll have to fly down there and maybe drive back or maybe use the train (because I won't be able to come back on a plane with three cages). I do have a niece that lives in North Carolina with her family so I might get in touch with her for pick up at the airport and to drive me around as well as stay overnight at her house - or I'll stay in a hotel and rent a car. My son-in-law is working on my car as I type this (the alternator had died and killed the battery or something) and I don't even know what my husband's schedule is for next week. And, to put the icing on the cake, we are in the middle of working with our accountant and our lawyer because my husband is going to semi-retire when he turns 70 in April and because we have things going on here and back home, it's a mess of power of attorneys and paperwork that needs to be translated and certified at the consulates which is costing us a fortune!

Let's try this again. Do you need help transporting the birds to you?
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:10 am

Omg I'm shocked, Sorry to hear I felt all that pain which must have came from all you.I honestly don't know what to say but he was a great man.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:07 am

Michael if you have a way to get the birds transported to pajirta that would be great , she's in over think mode right now . ;) if there is a small group of close people you guys could do a bird relay so nobody would have to drive to far. Just a thought , but I'm sure you've got it handled. THEY I believe are about 12 hours apart. Let me know what I can help with from afar. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Navre » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:19 am

Wow. Shocked. I don't know what to say.

Bea, you have my number. Call me if you need help. I can drive to NC if i have to.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:48 am

Any help getting the birds to me would be really REALLY appreciated it, guys, because I also take care of my grandkids during the week so between that, my animals, and my husband working out of state, going anywhere is a Federal project for me (I am 9 hours away from Wolf and Pam's home). The birds coming up North are Harley, the budgie with liver disease (Marley passed away, Liz, I don't know if Wolf got to tell you or not, I know he was going to), and Keeta and Rajah, the female and male plets which are housed separately right now but I hope can be put both in one cage for transporting to make things easier.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions