Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Rainbow, Myrtle & Cockatiels

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Rambo &Myrtle update

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Didn't Liz say in a previous post that they hid the eggs well or she didn't find them in time? I would have permanently placed nest boxes so there was no hunting required. :hatched: :hatched: :hatched: :hatching: :hatching: :lol:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Pajarita wrote:Put out some soft food twice a day, he might start pecking at it. But get yourself a feeding syringe, just in case. Oh, and by the way, the parents touch the sides of the babies beaks for them to open up and get fed.

And, please, don't breed anymore, Liz.

I did not breed on purpose. I am against breeding. I have rescued the little handicapped ones that no one else wanted. Any bird hatched is taking the space of a bird that needs a home.

I have been doing supplemental feedings. He does not peck the soft food, just the seed. He is way to young for that so the feedings add water to his diet.

I did not intend for this one.

I have soda cartons scattered through the guest room. They have an entry that is away from their nesting area. Only Flutter is using one. I think I have found all the nests and have changed eggs to fake ones already.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby liz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 am

Yesterday evening I heard a Cockatiel call me. It sounded like he was out of the room and talking to me. I am absent minded and thought I had left the door open. Mobile homes have spaces at the bottom of the doors to allow for circulation. Tommy had stuck his head out from under the door. It was like him saying "I found this space can I use it to come out and play?".
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:04 pm

That's the one thing that always worries me when the little ones are out: the fact that they can get into small spaces that might end up being dangerous to them. Luckily, Peachy always answers with a loud PEEEP! and pops her head out to look at me when I call her and Jerry never really hides, he usually just flies to wherever Peachy is hiding and waits for her to come out but even when he goes behind the curtains or the tapestries with her, he comes out when she does.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:40 am

Baby has not learned to answer me yet. Most answer me then identify where they are. Rainbow loves to get into boxes. In the evening when I want to close there window I ask where he is so I don't close him out. She does not really hide and both the Amazons will give their location away even when they are getting into trouble.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:23 am

Baby has been flying for a while now. I have to keep the cage door closed on him so I know where he is. He now has two spikes on his head. I guess he will be a non conformist.

Wolf is not here to help me with a name this time. I need one that can be changed if it is the wrong gender. I am thinking of Louie and Louies. Can someone help me with the spelling. You know I am rotten at spelling.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Navre » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:48 am

liz wrote:Baby has been flying for a while now. I have to keep the cage door closed on him so I know where he is. He now has two spikes on his head. I guess he will be a non conformist.

Wolf is not here to help me with a name this time. I need one that can be changed if it is the wrong gender. I am thinking of Louie and Louies. Can someone help me with the spelling. You know I am rotten at spelling.

Louie and Louise?
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby liz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

Thank you
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:58 am

Or Louis and Louise (I have a sister in law whose name is Louisa).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Louise still does not have feathers on her head. She has full wings and fuzzy short feathers on her body. She is eating on her own but Phoenix still feeds her when she asks.

While getting ready to go to the doctors I made the mistake of going for a kiss with Myrtle and forgot to tell her I wanted kisses. She poked a hole in my eyebrow that bleed. Of course the doctor was the Optomologist (Sorry, that is as close as I could come to spelling) who gave me a lecture on how to keep it clean and to call if it gets warm or swollen.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

PreviousNext

Return to General Parrot Care