Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Oscar's Day Out | St Patricks Day

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Oscar's Day Out | St Patricks Day

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:46 am

Oscar had a great time yesterday, We missed the parade but we went to the Carnival and a few people wanted a picture of Oscar and my mam held him while I got on the rides, After that we went for something to eat in Supermacs and after we ordered I went to go upstairs to check for seats and the security guard stopped me and said "Customers only" :lol: and I said "I am a customer" and he let me up and when I went back down to tell my mam there was seats he stopped me again asking for a picture with Oscar lol so he placed his palm in front of Oscar and he stepped up and lets just say Oscar was being funny and decided to play on his jacket and climbing on his shoulder so he gave up with the picture lol and then a girl came over and wanted a picture while Oscar was perched on me and he posed for it :lol: and then when our food was ready we went upstairs and sat down and I brought some pellets for Oscar to eat and as soon as he saw my food (Cheesy fries and a cheese burger) he put his head in my cheesy fries and picked one up and was chewing holes in it to get at the potato so I let him eat with me and took a few pics of him stealing my food as did another person who came over, Thats the last time he is having any bad foods this week especially cheesy fries.When we left we went into an Irish gift store and the workers were surprised to see a green parrot with a leprechauns hat on his back :lol: and they talked to him and then we waited a long time for the bus because it was St Patricks Day and when we finally got home Oscar was very happy to see his pellets and I was happy to eat more food lol

ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Day Out | St Patricks Day

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 am

What was he snacking on? :shock: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 am

Bird woman wrote:What was he snacking on? :shock: BW

He stole my cheesy fries when he had perfectly healthy pellets beside him lol
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:42 am

Bad idea all around, Brandon.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Pajarita wrote:Bad idea all around, Brandon.

I actually care about your opinion so would you please give me more information? You cant really say much because you dont have any experience from bringing birds out.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Put a sock in it for a while Brandon , we just lost wolf so everyone is touchy right now. The cheesy fries are something that I wouldn't even let my birds get a taste of , there's so much bad in them,nothing good could come out of it . Letting a new baby get a taste of that kind of foods is doing yourself a diservice as well as setting your baby up for illness later in life and you huge vet bills. Like US ,high fat , sugar and protein foods are what is going to taste good and it's bad to let them develope a habit craving these kinds of foods and will harm them just like it does us. Goodies and treats are okay once in a while but best to let them think a goodie is birdie pumpkin bread or slice of apple with thin smear of peanut butter , a small GRAM CRACKER . I'LL TELL YOU A SECRET ) if you go to the baby food section in your supermarket they have organic baby snacks , cookies , biscuits , teddy grams etc. low in sugars and fats and way healthier than our human garbage we ingest as snacks . I also shop the toddler and baby section of toy stores for great interactive toys my birds can't destroy. Just some food for thought. :D BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Bird woman wrote:Put a sock in it for a while Brandon , we just lost wolf so everyone is touchy right now. The cheesy fries are something that I wouldn't even let my birds get a taste of , there's so much bad in them,nothing good could come out of it . Letting a new baby get a taste of that kind of foods is doing yourself a diservice as well as setting your baby up for illness later in life and you huge vet bills. Like US ,high fat , sugar and protein foods are what is going to taste good and it's bad to let them develope a habit craving these kinds of foods and will harm them just like it does us. Goodies and treats are okay once in a while but best to let them think a goodie is birdie pumpkin bread or slice of apple with thin smear of peanut butter , a small GRAM CRACKER . I'LL TELL YOU A SECRET ) if you go to the baby food section in your supermarket they have organic baby snacks , cookies , biscuits , teddy grams etc. low in sugars and fats and way healthier than our human garbage we ingest as snacks . I also shop the toddler and baby section of toy stores for great interactive toys my birds can't destroy. Just some food for thought. :D BW

Im just back from the store and got him some lentils and sprouts he hasn't had those in a long time and I know what you mean when he first came home I made it strictly clear that nobody is to feed him rubbish like Tiko begged for whatever she wanted and got it and then there I go giving him pizza crust and yesterday cheesey fries, I guess ill just have to make sure I have something he really loves thats healthy for him to eat instead.I know Amazons are prone to a lot of health problems when fed fat foods.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Yes they are and I'm happy you realize that. Some or should I say most of these birds I've taken in have developed a taste for salty ,greasy ,fast foods thanks to the previous owners thinking it's okay to let them eat it. It has taken me sometimes years and lots of ingenuity to get them on track with a proper diet and a lot of money in vet bills trying to reverse the harm. It's best to let the bird develop recognition and Taste for proper foods before we let them have a taste of the DARK SIDE ! :lol: oh by the way he looks rather dapper in his saint paddys day attire. :D BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Bird woman wrote:Yes they are and I'm happy you realize that. Some or should I say most of these birds I've taken in have developed a taste for salty ,greasy ,fast foods thanks to the previous owners thinking it's okay to let them eat it. It has taken me sometimes years and lots of ingenuity to get them on track with a proper diet and a lot of money in vet bills trying to reverse the harm. It's best to let the bird develop recognition and Taste for proper foods before we let them have a taste of the DARK SIDE ! :lol: oh by the way he looks rather dapper in his saint paddys day attire. :D BW

I was gonna get him a green suit but I don't see the point in buying something that would only be used for one day when that money could be used on food or saved.I don't know what it is with my Aunts male fiery shouldered conure but its like he knows what healthy food is and he wont touch anything bad, He wont really even take a nut if its offered to him lol.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:01 am

That's because he doesn't recognize the garbage food as real food. Somebody { possibly your aunt } was smart enough to teach him to eat right when he was young . Isn't that where it starts for all of us and every living being. Think about it , how do are bad habits get started ( monkey see monkey do ) :lol: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Next

Return to Parrot Tales