Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Drying off in the sun

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Drying off in the sun

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:48 am

Oscar had a nice shower and now he is drying off in the warm sun while saying Hello and making noises lol
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Drying off in the sun

Postby alienlady » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Howcome you have warm sunshine ? :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Bird woman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Yea how come? :roll: I haven't seen the sun in months. :(
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:22 pm

alienlady wrote:Howcome you have warm sunshine ? :lol:

Mostly bad weather here in Ireland lol
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby liz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 am

Bird woman wrote:Yea how come? :roll: I haven't seen the sun in months. :(

I think that is the worst part of winter in the north. You can go for months without seeing the sun. It is so depressing. NC had some sunshine every day. It would snow at night and melt off by noon the next day. In FL the sun shines most of the time. We have dry winters without clouds. In the summer is when we get rain. It usually heavy rains at 3 pm everyday then clears off.

I love it here. Come on down.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Bird woman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Don't tempt me!! Here lately I've really been doing research on best places to retire too for my birds and myself and of course my arthritis. :lol: trying to figure out where to get best bang for my buck and be where there's water , sun , and great people. A vacation home at first and when my son gets older I could trust him with all the rentals and just send me a check every month. That's how it's suppose to go anyway. :roll: I really want outside avairys that open to the house so the birds can come and go as they please. You know like in Mexico where you see those villas with inclosed courtyards , like having a live space in your house. My birds are my main concern outside of my kids and grandkids. Well it is time to put new wood in the outside avairys and pressure wash them , maybe then the sun will shine. The fids have drove me to insanity this year. :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for the invite liz :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:42 am

I have found my 'ideal place' and that's why I am moving back home in another 5 years. And, yes, the plan is to have an outdoor aviary built next to the house and joined to the birdroom by sliding doors so the birds can go in and out during the warm weather months. I also want the birdroom to have glass doors and possibly also windows to the human area so the birds can see me and I can see them all the time but still be 'separate' in terms of temperature, humidity, light and fumes (I am looking forward to having a couple of fireplaces I can use instead of putting plants or electric fake fire in them as I do now). I don't like to have the same weather all year round and, although we have four seasons back home, the winters are not as cold or the summers as hot as they are here in the Greater NY area. My husband worked in Miami for almost two years and I refused to move down there because of the weather.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Im all for four seasons, as long as they go Spring 82, Summer 86, Autumn 83, winter 78. Lol
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Bird woman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Navre, that sounds perfect to me. Anything so the fids can spend time outside when they want. They just about did me in this winter. Lots of house trim repair to do cause I can't stand to keep them cage . :lol: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby ILoveParrot » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:20 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:Oscar had a nice shower and now he is drying off in the warm sun while saying Hello and making noises lol

Oscar seems to like it so much. :danicing:
How often do you give him a bath? :)
I have a cockatoo, but it seems like she's not having fun whenever I give her a shower. :D
ILoveParrot
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: parrots

Next

Return to Parrot Tales