Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What a panic!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

What a panic!

Postby alienlady » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:29 am

Liseth had her bath yesterday and when she had dried I noticed patches of white all down one side of her. I was panicking wondering what could be wrong and it actually took me most of the day to realise that it was cuttlefish powder ! :lol: :roll:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Re: What a panic!

Postby stevesjk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:11 am

You're not blonde by any chance are you sue? :lol:
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Postby alienlady » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 am

No I'm not so I can't use that for an excuse :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:38 am

:lol: I think we have all panicked or had our hearts stop for a second just to realize it was nothing. I still do it every now and then when I walk into the birdroom and see 'bloody' poop forgetting for a split second that I fed them stuff like blackberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, cherries, etc. in the morning.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 am

Don't feel bad , one rescue that came in kept having really crusty gunk under its wings when I bathed her and she had a habit of crushing pellets and stashing them in between her wings. That was dolly the rescue I posted about that found love with Miko after being in solitude for 5 years. I don't know if she started that out of boredom from being alone or to entertain herself as she had no toys for that 5 years. She's a clean , gunk free girl now with lots to do. :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby alienlady » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:38 pm

I don't feel bad BW it's funny. Yesterday was a weird day altogether. I actually woke up singing ! Who wakes up singing ? I've never done that in my life :lol: everything was hilarious after that.
Liseth likes to carry her cuttlefish out from inside her cage to the top of it and so the powder rubbed on the one side but my brain wasn't working.
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:54 am

"Who wakes up singing?" Happy people and happy parrots do! Mami sings every single morning with the greatest gusto! She can't carry a tune and only uses four or five notes only but she loves to sing -especially if you are singing along with her.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks Pajarita I will look at it like that in future :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby liz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 am

I have run mine down a few times just to find out that they had food stuck to them. I say "run down" because they instinctively know when I need to see something and decide "it ain't happening to me".
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to General & Off Topic