Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Gracie's adoption

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Gracie's adoption

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:18 am

KAGRO3 , Does anyone remember the gal that joined back in January wanting information on mollucan cockatoos ? Well I've been in contact with her privately for a few months now and she has been working very hard at the bird rescue and studying everything about birds she can. Pajirta and I tried to talk her out of a large cockatoo for her first bird but she wouldn't be detoured . And I'm so happy and excited that she wasn't because after several month of dedication Gracie a beautiful mollucan cockatoo will be going to a forever home with 2 very excited young ladies and new parents that absolutely adore her. Everything is in place even the healthy foods and beautifully furnished sleeping quarters with a view. Gracie will be coming home at 10:30 AM and I hope we all join in welcoming her back to the forum and through this wonderful beggining and adventure. IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A PARROT! :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: Gracie's adoption

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:26 am

Great news! Thank you for letting us know about it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Chad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Wow, what a wonderful story! This give me hope. :)
Chad
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby alienlady » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 pm

That's great news ! I hope that we will have updates on her new life :D
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm sure when they get settled in she will be happy to share this new adventure with everyone. Right now it's kind of like bringing a new baby home , just peace and quiet time with the family so everybody can adjust and relax. :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Kagro3 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Hey everyone,
I tend To worry about things popping up and jinxing thing so sorry I kept quiet about it until now. I wanted to make sure I had her home first before me saying anything. She's home now and getting used to her new surroundings. She's settling in very well and has had her chill feathers up ever since we got home. Thank you all for the well wishes :D We are so thankful to have found the rescue we did and for us all to have mutual feelings about each other. We just love Gracie already and we can feel the love and appreciation she has for us as well. A special thank you to Bird Woman for the advice, good vibes and just being there for me when I have/had any questions. I will definitely be on here more now that I have her home and will keep you all updated. I'll try to post a pic of her but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.
Kagro3
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: Moluccan Cockatoo

Postby Pajarita » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 am

We are here for whatever you might need. And posting pictures here requires your having an account in a 'sharing' site (I use Photobucket). You 'import' your picture into the site and then copy the link for images onto the posting (in photobucket, it's the third address to the right of the picture).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Kagro3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Thank you Pajarita. I made a photo bucket but can't figure this out still. I'm not very great with online stuff and have never been part of a forum so please forgive me. :?
Kagro3
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:38 am

Nothing to forgive, my dear! I am 100% technologically impaired myself :lol: . Once you have the pictures up in your account at Photobucket, you open your 'library' (button on the far left above) and click on the picture you want to copy here. When you do that, the picture will become large enough to cover almost the entire screen but there will be a number of 'addresses' to the right of it. The fourth and last one down is the one you want to use (I had told you the third before but it was wrong, it's the fourth one, the one that reads "IMG"). When you click on the address there, it will disappear and a "Copied" will appear, instead. You then come back to the posting where you want to put the picture and click where you want it to go. You will only see a long address there but, after you 'submit', the actual photo will be there.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Kagro3 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Kagro3
Parrotlet

Next

Return to Introductions