Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cuckaloo

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Cuckaloo

Postby PamNorris » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Good day sinew Wolf,s passing. Wasn't sure how to connect with Cuckaloo. She and Wolf always drank coffee together ( I know he told me they shouldn't, but they did). So I started with a cup of coffee. Then I put on his insulated flannel ( that he always wore, because he was always cold and sick). Well it worked!! She came out on to her rope for 3 hours today . The first time I was able to let her out of her cage. Hopefully we will be OK. We did receive them in different ways ( together), and Cuckaloo was his. But it was a good day!!! Bea and Patty, thank you for you're help.
PamNorris
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: Cuckaloo

Postby alienlady » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 am

That is wonderful news ! It sounds like you will be fine :D It must have given you a boost ! So happy for you :D :thumbsup:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby liz » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:17 am

WELL ! He told me "NO COFFEE" and then he sneaked it. I love him anyway and will cherish his memory through my days. I feel blessed to have known him.

I knew he was sick but did not pry. Once when my Lap Top quit and I was off line for a few days he started a thread Liz because he worried about me because of my age and health. Gotta love a kind soul like that.

I did not know much about you but that he loved you very much and said beautiful things about you. I am so sorry that you do not have him anymore. Life will be rough without him I am sure but you do have his babies.

His little ones will miss him more than we can know (they mourn too) but they have you. That is wonderful for them. I am sure that, except for Mimi who has already bonded to you, they will pick up on how close you two were and learn to love you like they did Wolf.

What was Cuckaloo's reaction to the situation?
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Bird woman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 am

Your welcome Pam , It warms my heart to hear cuckaloo came to you . They know something's not right . How are you doing , taking time for yourself I hope. Better make that decaf or bea will be on with a lecture :lol: great to hear from you and looking forward to you continuing with us on the forum , wolf is smiling I'm sure. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:17 am

Yes, Bea will be here with a lecture, indeed! :lol: Please, Pam, find a healthy alternative to coffee. What they crave is the sharing and not so much the food or drink itself so I would urge you to offer her herbal tea. It works just as well and it's healthier for them. It's real bad for them because they can't properly metabolize caffeine. I actually worry about Cuckaloo more than I do about the others because she plucks...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby captainjack » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:50 am

Very funny and positive! Glad for you
captainjack
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Return to Introductions