Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Gracie's adoption

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Gracie's adoption

Postby Bird woman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Doesn't show the picture until you click on it , but there's Gracie :P
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby captainjack » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:49 am

Show more picture pls, beautiful bird
captainjack
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:51 am

AWWWWWW - And what a pretty lady she is!!!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:56 am

How's the food thing going , need to get that gram scale, ;) BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Kagro3 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:49 am

Thank you Captain Jack and Pajarita :D Bird woman, it's going better. I do leave the pellet/ mix that the rescue gave me at all times in her cage and on her cage top at all times for her. This morning I saw her eating the fresh food and the pellet mix ( 2 separate bowls). When she poops, there is pee in with it so she must drink on the sly. But I definitely need to get a gram scale. I will post more pics of her for you all to see.
Kagro3
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Moluccan Cockatoo

Postby Pajarita » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:05 am

My cockatoos always drank very early in the am and took between 6 and 8 gulps. Then they would not touch water again until, sometimes, in the evening but more than often they would just drink in the am BUT they never got any dry food during the day and, at night, they got nuts and seeds which have a higher moisture than pellets (which are unnaturally dry compared to what they evolved to eat)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Kagro3 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:23 pm

Kagro3
Parrotlet

Postby Kagro3 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Pajarita,
She must drink whenever I'm not around then. Lol She does have the rescue lady called it a "treat mix", its Worldly blend, along with roudybush pellets and nutriberries. Then I give her fresh veggies and a little bit of fruits in a separate bowl. Maybe she doesn't like the roudybush? I'll have to try another pellet after this is gone. The lady from the rescue told us about Ultimate blend which is pellets and a treat mix all in one instead of buying two separate bags of food for her. I'll have to look it up and read a little about it.
Kagro3
Parrotlet

Postby Bird woman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Great pics, looks like Gracie has the run of the house already :shock: careful to set limits and boundaries or eventually she will start to eat your house down and in the blink of an eye. They are lightning fast and when they zero in on something that they want it's hard to detour them. Did you find a ball for her yet? Try playing catch with her , mine picked it up pretty quick. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:46 am

I don't feed pellets at all as my research has indicated that they are not and never could be the best dietary option for an animal that evolved to eat a diet with a humidity content of 85 to 95% (pellets have a max of 10%, only). We learned with cats that animals that are supposed to eat a high moisture diet don't do well with dry kibble (which is, pretty much, what pellets are). Besides, pellets are feed-quality grains that have been processed, dried and compressed mixed with lab-made vitamins and minerals - I much rather feed human grade, organic whole grains infused with water to increase their humidity level to something closer to what nature decreed they should eat, and mixed with veggies for naturally-derived vitamins and minerals. I also don't feed nutriberries because giving them a mix of seeds and nuts (the big ones get mostly tree nuts) is more fun for them and cheaper for me while providing exactly the same thing -well, maybe not 'exactly' the same as nuts are more nutritious than seeds which is all that nutriberries are - seeds, grains and soybean meal and other stuff glued together with lab-made vitamins and minerals coating (I don't feed soy, corn syrup, raw peanuts or any oil except for virgin oil to any of my animals). I am VERY VERY picky and strict when it comes to my animals diets... I am constantly doing research about it and will not compromise on quality. I'd rather eat ramen every night than not feed them the right stuff (and I won't even go into my husband's weekly shopping litany of how much we spend on our food versus their food :lol: )
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions