Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Ice Cubes

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Ice Cubes

Postby Randall » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 pm

good morning folks!

My Senegal Gizmo loves to grab ice cubes out of my glass of ice water and chew on the cubes. Does anyone else have this happen to them? Its a bit of a pain as I have to clean up after him but I'm fairly certain its not bad for him!
Randall
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
Flight: Yes

Re: Ice Cubes

Postby Bird woman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:09 pm

I also have a cockatoo that is addicted to ice cubes. I try not to let her have to much at once and since discovering her addiction I've used little trays to make veggie and fruit purée cubes. :lol: with as many birds as I have I will take advantage of anything to make them eat more veggies. :roll: Mainly I'll do this in the summertime when there in the outside avairys and let the birds have at them. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet