Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Getting Started

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Getting Started

Postby Bobster » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi, my name is Bob, I have a young Congo Grey and I'll be wanting to keep him healthy and happy. bob
Bobster
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo Grey
Flight: No

Re: Getting Started

Postby Bird woman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Well hi there bob, I'm bird woman and am happy your here and we all will be happy to help. :D Please tell us all about your bird and ask any questions you like , there's a lot of combined experience with all kinds of different species of parrots as well as opinions. We also brag a lot about our birds and want to make sure you feel free to do the same. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING ALL ABOUT YOUR GREY! :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:26 am

Welcome, Bob.

BW is absolutely correct. Humans owned by birds are still rare and are not understood by those non bird humans. We have to stick together.

To me this forum feels like a neighborhood. We all love and brag on our kids and want to hear about each others kids.

We lost Wolf recently. We still have Pajarita and many others too many to name who research a lot and share what they learn. I have learned a lot in this forum from many of them. Don't let that deter you from sharing. I tell the Newbys that they have info they don't even know until it is perked up by someone else' post.

So join in and tell us everything. We want to know your bird too.

Please put your location in the info box. I can never remember where people are when they post about their environment.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:49 am

Hi, Bob and gray (we need a name for him? her?) - welcome to the forum! Let us know if we can be of any help to you.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions