Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Posting for BirdWoman | Cute Cockatoos

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Posting for BirdWoman | Cute Cockatoos

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Pajarita wrote:Pink bubbles? I haven't seen that many Galahs in person (maybe 4 or 5 only) but I don't remember any pink bubbles around their eyes. Could they be fatty cysts? Because they are very prone to them as they need a low fat diet and people tend to feed them wrong.

Well not really bubbles but they go around the eyes, You would probably see it if you searched Male Galahs.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:55 am

Ahhhh, you mean those little bumps they have on their orbital rings! Yes, I know them but it's not that males have them and females don't, it has to do with age. The young don't and the older do but I don't know at what age they begin developing them - the ones I've seen were all young birds (under 5 years old). They are called caruncles and the flesh that has them (as in the orbital ring in this species case) it's described as 'carunculated'.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Yes thats it, I always thought it was gender related but I haven't even met many Galah's to say its true
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Bird woman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Cute little cockatoos today need to be strung up! :lol: buddy flew up on the table behind the couch this morning , grabbed my cell phone and tried to fly off with it. He got it about 3 ft. In the air and couldn't hang on to it. :shock: Lilly leaned in for her kiss when I got home from work 1 hour late and gave my bottom lip a good yank. :shock: lumi is acting like she is dying because breakfast is late , sitting on the edge of the bowl grabbing food with her hand without even looking at it and stuffing it into her face and letting if fall out both sides of her mouth :shock: Nigel's dumping every water dish out of every cage that doesn't have locks on them and Alyha is screaming her bloody head off :o . Can't wait to see what the rest have in store for me, think they know it's April fools day??? I'll fool them and they'll get naps in there cages today. :roll:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:24 pm

LOL - Yes, it's 'crazy too' season. Linus has been crazy and insatiable... following me around (they sure can run and hop real fast, can't they? I can't get away from him no matter how fast I run :lol:), hanging on with his beak to my feet and pants so I have to take real small, sliding steps around the birdroom, and not letting go of my arm whenever I ask him to step up. This morning, when I first walked into the birdroom, he was on a perch outside the cage that used to be and, as soon as he saw me, he dropped his body and hanging from his claws, upside down, he swung back and forth, back and forth, while screaming and whipping his head as if his neck had been broken - what a NUT! I laughed until I had tears running down my face :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:46 pm

I'll tell you this year all of these birds are doing off the wall stuff I've never imagined they would ever do. Riki is even loving on me and right in front of dad. That has never happened in years. Honestly there were so many that came in so close together I didn't think things would ever settle down. I'm getting pretty pleased with the flock dynamics and the way they all have seemed to team up with a friend . I'm sure not even thinking about messing it up. I've found homes for 2 birds since then that never made it here , I just couldn't do more at this time. Nigel is still being a holy terror with me but honestly he's now seeking me out in other areas instead of following Riki around like a love sick puppy. He's just so dam sketchy and I can't wait for him to loose that nervousness and my fingers can't wait either. :lol: Nigel is so full of personality and crazy moves and talks so cute , somebody must have really loved him at one time before getting passed around. MAKES ME SICK :( well he's got it good now it's just going to take time for him to trust again. Riki took many years to get over her trauma . I guess michael must have removed all those spam posts can't understand why idiots want to waste there time doing that. :roll: pajirta did wolfs birds come today and if so how is it going? BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Almost 4 pm but no birdies, yet. Michael did say he was picking them up mid-afternoon which I interpreted to mean he would be here late afternoon so I am not worried. I'll post about them tomorrow morning.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Bird woman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:51 am

Boy just saw the big fire in Florida hope it's nowhere around Liz. 2 years ago this valley was full of fire and I had to run the big built in hepa system non stop for days as well as several purification systems just in the bird room. Scared the bejeezes out of me cause there was no taking them anywhere else to get away from it, as I wouldn't even risk outside to the car . It was that bad. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby liz » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:15 am

We are not in that area. We are okay. Thank you for your concern. You gave me a flashback how Wolf used to check on me when he thought there was something wrong.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Bird woman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:01 am

Honestly it's nice to have this community' link where we can all stay in contact with each other and help when we can. :D even more impressive is the way michael and pajirta stepped up to the plate to help in a horrible and unexpected situation with wolfs untimely passing .Glad to be a part of this forum , it's like no other. So happy and relieved your not being affected by the fire . :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales