Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Need Help with DIY Budgie Playgym!

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Need Help with DIY Budgie Playgym!

Postby Georginia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:20 am

I currently have two Budgies. I'm soon going to upgrade their cage to a bigger one and thought it'd be a good idea to create a playgym for them, as well! I've decided I'll be using PVC pipe to create it and will attach toys and such to it. I'm just really stuck on creating a design. There are so many to choose from and I'm not sure what to do! I just basically need any design ideas, if possible! Thanks for the help! :budgie:
Georginia
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies/Parakeets
Flight: Yes

Re: Need Help with DIY Budgie Playgym!

Postby liz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:32 am

Well I have answered all your posts in reverse. I am so happy that you want the best for your Budgies.
PVC is easier to keep clean but they need wood also. They need to chew it and if you do not give them things to chew they will find their own stuff to destroy.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Re: Need Help with DIY Budgie Playgym!

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:13 pm

I would not use PVC. It is a soft plastic and the birds might end up chewing on it (not good). Use tree branches which you can either nail or tie together with untreated sisal rope and don't forget to use dry yucca for the toys (budgies ADORE chewing on it!).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Housing