Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What scale do you use to weigh your bird?

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: What scale do you use to weigh your bird?

Postby Polarn » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 am

Since you asked what scale to use, the only thing you really want to look for is a scale weighing in grams and with 1 or ,5 increments. thats basically the only thing you need to look for to be honest. I picked my scale up for about 7USD and then added a perch to it.

link to the guide I made while doing it:
http://theparrotforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9039&hilit=diy+scale

and if you read the coments you get other ideas too, such as making it a Tperch instead (plenty of guides out there how to make a table top perch, that you then could set on the scale. Michael posted in the thread a link to where you can get his pocket perch wich you can place on the scale...

And well if you have a smaller bird you wouldn't really have to use a perch for it since the feathers wont touch the table next to the scale, well if you get a big enough scale you wouldnt need to with a bigger bird either...

The problem is that bigger scales usually handles bigger loads and for some reason the price tag goes up extremely much in order to get the same accuracy at low readings as the cheap smaller scales.
Polarn
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Greenwing macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby Lquan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:15 pm

I use the SF-550 digital scale. 1gram resolution for up to 5.5Kg. Got it from Ebay for $20 + free shipping or $12 + shipping. It takes AA batteries and come with AC adaptor. It works great for my bird and for the wife to use in the kitchen for her culinary hobby.
:gcc:
Lquan
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Sided Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby harryten » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:47 am

I use my etekcity weight scale for weighing my bird and i also have its kitchen scale.
harryten
Parakeet

Flight: No

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet