Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Hello

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:53 am

Don't forget to mention that you lost your Goffins buddy of 23 years recently and that you are heartbroken over it, that you already have a room earmarked for a parrot in your brand new home, etc.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby kdbrum » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Jasper - the too on CL - is still available. I have sent them more info about us and our love of all things animal. My wife is still unsure but I see her softening up a bit, will show her the picture of Jasper and see what happens.

This would be a nice house warming addition!
kdbrum
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:31 am

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you and Jasper!!!!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Georges mom » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I too live in nw Indiana and adopted an Amazon from a woman who constantly rescues birds. She's is always getting calls from people who give up their birds and she takes them in personally instead of sending them to a rescue. I got George about a year and a half ago and I just love him. He had been adopted out twice while with her but they always returned him because nobody liked him. People said he was mean and moody. Long story short he's one of the loves of my life. I never owned a big bird before and was very leary on taking him in and now I couldn't imagine life without him. If you want to pm me I can put you in touch with the rescuer and you can see what she has. She's always asking me to take another one because she knows George struck gold with me. She lives in Lansing so she's relatively close. I feel bad always telling her no about another bird but I just feel George would be broken hearted if he had to share me. Just let me know.
Georges mom
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow naped amazon parrot

Postby kdbrum » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi GM, thanks for the welcome. We have been getting ready for our move next weekend so I've been quiet on the too front. Jasper is still available and we can go have an in home meet with him when ready, if he is still available at that time.
I will pm you when things settle, would like to get my wife connected, and also definitely want to know more about the rescue lady in Lansing - assuming the one in IL? We are both still upset, my wife mostly - we had Shiloh since he was weened and we were all he ever knew.....but i expect as soon as we get in the house she will be ready.
kdbrum
Parrotlet

Postby kdbrum » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:35 am

Well, Jasper the 7 yr old too is gone, so in a way guess that's a good thing since my wife wasn't quite ready yet. Will continue to look, thanks for the ideas on where to search - found a 10 yr old, checking him out.
kdbrum
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 am

I was going to tell you that you need to move fast when you find a good prospect in CL... people don't usually wait to get rid of the animal even if the one they have to wait for is the better choice.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby kdbrum » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:20 am

Yes, learning that lesson. What is sad is to find that some of these birds have already been thru multiple homes.....
kdbrum
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:15 am

Well, I have to tell you that your experience with your bird is actually very unusual because the greatest majority (and I am talking 999 out of 1000 if not higher!] of birds ends up rehomed (there are not real statistics but people who follow these things say that, on average, a parrot goes through 7 homes in its lifetime -something terribly traumatic for a highly social animal!].
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby kdbrum » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 am

That is a shame. We have always had pets of many types, and we take it seriously. People have always said that any stray that winds up at our front door is a lucky fella, or gal!
kdbrum
Parrotlet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions